100 randoms

Board for the "100 randoms" leaderboard

2017 completion challenge

• Posted on 15 August 16 at 11:33
    As based upon Fream's comp challenge I thought I'd create a second forum where we can start spinning ideas for catergories to make up our 24 catergories

Many of you have seen this on the Achievement Hounds Forums, but I'm moving it here.

Welcome to Freamwhole's 2016 Completions Challenge:

I had no intention of posting something like this - but I figured since I made the personal goal of 37 completed games this year - I would share the progress with the world and give others some opportunity to challenge themselves as well.

The Skinny:

I took this idea from Hyrule Balverine's Post 2016 Reading Challenge, but since I hate reading - I figured I'd apply it to a personal goal of mine - game completions.

Below I have listed 37 Categories of which I'd like to complete a game in. I feel like they are relatively straight forward, but I'm happy to elaborate if you need additional clarification.

The goal will be to earn a completion from 37 different games - one for each title. If you are playing at home - you are not locked into a category, so feel free to move things around as the completions come rolling in.

I'd probably even throw a few prizes out there for those that participate and especially those that complete the list. Details to come - whenever I get around to it.

This will last until Dec 31st, 2016 and requires completions within the year 2016 only (no pulling old completions up - although if new content arises - then its fair game)

Categories:

1) Games With Gold - Complete a game from the Games With Gold Program
    2) Leaderboard Chaser - Complete a game within a month of being released
    3) Old School XBLA - Complete a 200 pt XBLA title
    4) Free Achievements - Complete a game with a Title Update that contains achievements
    5) Here Is A Little Something Extra - Complete a game with a DLC pack (containing achievements) - not episodic
    6) Shut Up And Take My Money - Complete a game with two DLC packs (containing achievements) - not episodic
    7) Long Live Xbox 360 - Complete a game on Xbox 360
    8) New Gen - Old Backlog - Complete a game on Xbox ONE backwards compatability
    9) Easy 1K - Start and Complete a game with at least 1000 GS in one day
    10) Not As Good As The First - Complete a sequel
    11) Backlog Addressed - Complete a game that you started before 2013
    12) Toast Master - Complete a game that has more than 50 achievements
    13) Short List - Complete a game that has 12 or less achievements
    14) Stacker - Complete a game that is a stack (not required to complete on both consoles)
    15) Boost Bait - Complete a game with a multiplayer component that contains achievements
    16) Exclusive - Complete an Xbox exclusive game
    17) Shooter Bro - Complete a game from the SHOOTER genre (1st or 3rd)
    18) This Could Take A While - Complete a game from the ROLE PLAYING genre
    19) Classic Formula - Complete a game from the PLATFORMER genre
    20) Season Completed - Complete a game with Episodic Content
    21) I Am So Smart! S-M-R-T! - Complete a game from the PUZZLE genre
    22) Developer Debut - Complete a game that is a developer's first release on Xbox
    23) Open World - Complete a game from the ACTION/ADVENTURE: SANDBOX genre
    24) LEGO Enthusiatist - Complete a LEGO game
    25) Shhhh…. - Complete a game from either the STEALTH or SURVIVAL HORROR genre
    26) Master Tactician - Complete a game from the STRATEGY genre
    27) Fantasy Land - Complete a game with a Fantasy Setting
    28) Space Cadet - Complete a game with a Science Fiction Setting
    29) Save The World - Complete a game where your goal is to save the planet
    30) Collectibles - Complete a game where at least one achievement says "Collect All …"
    31) Launch Pad - Complete a game that spawned a sequel
    32) Gadget Guru - Complete a game that requires a peripheral
    33) Hard Mode Enabled - Complete a game that contains difficulty specific achievements
    34) To Do Lister - Complete a game that is on your To Do List
    35) Zombies Beware - Complete a game that contains zombies
    36) BEEP BOOP BOP - Complete a game that contains robots
    37) Dealer's Choice - Complete a game
  • Posted on 15 August 16 at 11:50
    I personally agree with LJ that one of each TA genre would be a great place to start, although some a bit out there (music and rhythm, special, vehicular combat). There's 16 genres so I'd say trim down to 12:
    -action [1]
    -action/adventure [2]
    -adventure [3]
    -card/board [4]
    music/rhythm (cut???)
    -party (cut??)
    -platformer [5]
    -puzzle [6]
    -racing [7]
    -roleplaying [8]
    -shooter [9]
    -simulation [10]
    -special/apps (cut??)
    -sports [11]
    -strategy [12]
    -vehicular combat (cut??)

I also like the following:

-completing an old school 200g arcade title [13]
    -game with gold [14]
    -backwards compatability [15]
    -one game non-xbox based (i.e. phone or pc) [16]
    -one lego game [17]
    -one with a hard ratio - like LJ suggested (but what ratio??? 3.0?) [18]
    -easy 1k (start and finish a game in the same day) [19]
    -Game that has 50 or more achievements [20]
    -A sequel [21]
    -dealers choice [22]

What you guys reckon? These look good, any that want removed or changed? What else to make it 24?
  • lankyjustinlankyjustin686,293
    Posted on 15 August 16 at 14:08
    These seem good. yeah bin those 4 marked as "cut". I think 3.0 is a good ratio for hard game. I have only ever done 2 in my time over 3.0 and EG and MGM none. so that's a good one.

I am going to pre-load these too...

My other comment is that you can only have one game which ticks one category. So for example, arcade game either ticked the #13 or your genre, you get to pick. This means you must complete 24 games. And I presume we are saying the base game too.

Another idea, which might be more of an issue is complete two games within a series? Or pushing it further out there, fully complete a series of at least 2 games within it. Therefore might not want to start the COD / Forza / F1 series unless already done the majority of them.

Short stack - complete a game with less than 10 achievements
  • Posted on 15 August 16 at 14:20
    Short stack would be good.
    Series one can be hard as you have to define series limits as some small series out there (I.e. I've done all csi games)
    Agree 24 games, no double ticking and again base game is requirement - maybe have one target to complete a game with dlc?
    Posted on 15 August 16 at 14:49
    yeah the series would be hard. I think probably a game with DLC. only issue normally with DLC is that you have to buy it. but might be worth it in the long run. also will stack some of my DLC for this too (such as Forza 5 or 6).
    Posted on 27 August 16 at 22:31
    Shall I save my biggest ratio completion game for next year. Almost finished pool national fx and in the final tournament on 8 ball no aimz
  • Posted on 28 August 16 at 06:31
    Up to you, I'm treating this challenge as a clean start, no preloading on my part as that's where ill get my fun. You chose how you do your challenge, with you going away you need to look at it and decide on your completions to time matchup.
    Posted on 28 August 16 at 16:59
    Will not pre load it. Been wanting to get poool nation done for ages. Just a nice big ratio.
  • Posted on 28 August 16 at 17:20
    Yeah it is, decent going to get that boxed off
    Posted on 29 August 16 at 07:54
    Was able to boost the level 100 in about 20 mins with someone which was handy. Can help you too there.
  • Posted on 29 August 16 at 08:12
    Awesome, would appreciate the sharing
    Posted on 29 August 16 at 11:26
    I will help. Otherwise it is just a grind and a slow one too. I was level 70 I reckon ny the end of all other achievements. All you do is forfeit a 25 frame match and after about two matches you go up a level.takes about 10-15 seconds to do a match. Just have to be quick at the re matching.
  • Posted on 29 August 16 at 13:02
    I say saw that boosting method for next years GTASC as a nice saftey net way to quickly boost scores if hovering near the bottom
    Posted on 29 August 16 at 15:21
    Fair point, it is a big ratio to get.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads