Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Destiny: The Collection Detailed

• KBop a dooKBop a doo415,360
  • vSullyvSully1,297,491
    Posted on 16 August 16 at 02:21
    Blah blah blah this game wasn't exactly what I expected and I can't believe people like it and are still playing blah blah blah
  • Posted on 16 August 16 at 02:23
    Surprisingly, there are many changes that are coming that look amazing. However, it is only getting to the place that it should have been at at the start.
  • Posted on 16 August 16 at 02:42
    Another 60 bucks, no thanks bungie. Hopefully there are no new achievements with this trash either.
  • Posted on 16 August 16 at 02:49
    I already have Destiny: The Taken King collection or whatever. Sounds like a good deal for people not already into the series. I kind of liked it. Probably play it eventually.
    War...war never changes.
  • Posted on 16 August 16 at 02:53
    Blackfire Bow said:
    Another 60 bucks, no thanks bungie. Hopefully there are no new achievements with this trash either.
    How do you know there aren't any new achievements? TTK didn't have achievements show up until right before launch.
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 16 August 16 at 02:57
    I don't understand the hate for this game. I started playing at Taken King and my journey to 100% was incredibly fun. I can't wait for more content and achievements.
  • Posted on 16 August 16 at 03:00
    ArkhmInmate0801 said:
    I don't understand the hate for this game. I started playing at Taken King and my journey to 100% was incredibly fun. I can't wait for more content and achievements.
    TTK fixed a lot of things and added a good bit of content. People who bought the game at launch feel burned because it was a shell of a game and had to buy DLC to get a somewhat complete experience.
  • Its Uncle KevIts Uncle Kev2,969,145
    Posted on 16 August 16 at 03:16
    ParticleDuality said:
    Blackfire Bow said:
    How do you know there aren't any new achievements? TTK didn't have achievements show up until right before launch.
    He didn't say that there wasn't. He said he's hoping there isn't any
  • Aj6627Aj6627211,798
    Posted on 16 August 16 at 03:23
    Nice to see that Bungie is continuing to unashamedly lie to their customers!
  • Posted on 16 August 16 at 03:27
    Shocking, who could have seen this announcement coming? roll
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCom3yzbUaMRPgeHVhLlPvjw (My Youtube Channel)
  • Posted on 16 August 16 at 03:52
    Literally no point for anyone to buy this unless you need the all previous expansions to play Rise of Iron, which I'm assuming you do and for absolutely no reason other than to just make new players think they're getting a bang for their buck.

All old content is completely obsolete after every new expansion and it sucks the versatility out of the games' end game.
  • Posted on 16 August 16 at 04:00
    I hope it's not just Vanilla Destiny with download codes. I fell for that buying taken King and I hope it doesn't happen to anyone else.
  • EdweirddEdweirdd610,965
    Posted on 16 August 16 at 04:25, Edited on 16 August 16 at 04:25 by Edweirdd
    ll Viper 61 ll said:
    I hope it's not just Vanilla Destiny with download codes. I fell for that buying taken King and I hope it doesn't happen to anyone else.
    Vanilla Destiny is the only one with a disc, so why why would this be any different? Everything past vanilla has been digital expansions.
  • XM327XM327474,962
    Posted on 16 August 16 at 04:28
    ArkhmInmate0801 said:
    i pre-ordered the digital deluxe version and played the ever loving crap out of Destiny, for a solid two months, then the cracks started to show. Repetitive grind for crafting materials, tiny meadows attached by hallways, nearly nothing of what they originally said the game was going to be. but it was okay, i was having fun. and the Vault of Glass is still one of the most innovative experiences i've had in an FPS. i got bored, but i heard of good things on the horizon, i always thought i'd come back...

then they pulled that crap with the taken king, where there was some content you could only get if you bought more content you already purchased. It seemed to be specifically designed to screw over players like myself, who blindly threw themselves behind bungie in the first place, and rewarded people who hung back and said "i'll wait and see where this goes." i felt betrayed as a gamer, as a fan, as a customer...

then the one community manager (or something similar) addressed people with my concerns by basically saying "get over it."

i've heard the game has gotten better, and when i briefly revisited it, the changes were for the better, but nothing can help me unrealize that it's just a boring shooter sold to us on a mountain of lies and/or cut content to be sold back to us.

microtransactions

Lack of any of the personality bungie games had before (hidden secrets and things like that)

a story that isn't even told in game, but in a codex, that AGAIN isn't even available in game, that has to be viewed on a website.

That wizard came from the moon.
  • Buffalo of LiesBuffalo of Lies1,086,694
    Posted on 16 August 16 at 04:38
    Still feel calling Dark Below and House of Wolves 'major expansions' is is scam. Nothing more than glorified title updates. Hopefully Rise of Iron is closer in scale to TTK.
  • Posted on 16 August 16 at 04:46
    Really feel for those who bought the game at launch and have got every DLC as it comes out, they must have spent at good $200 for what is really a $60 game carved up beyond all recognition. All of the first three expansions were not only ripped out of the main game, but were on the disc from day one for goodness sake. Shame on you Bungie.
    You might think that's a hell of a long time..... personally, I think that's one hell of a bird!
  • KanchanaburiKanchanaburi1,329,099
    Posted on 16 August 16 at 06:44
    this too will be half price in a few months. still donèt have a desire to play this, not after grinding in the underground. I am tired of long winded games.
  • IsThisDustinIsThisDustin163,696
    Posted on 16 August 16 at 06:45
    Blackfire Bow said:
    What do you mean "another 60 bucks"? Did you not even read the article? This is for people who don't own Destiny.
  • HolyHalfDeadHolyHalfDead787,542
    Posted on 16 August 16 at 07:26, Edited on 16 August 16 at 08:00 by HolyHalfDead
    I have Destiny Xbox One + Expansion Pass. To get Rise of Iron I have to spend $60 ($20 + $40). If I had Destiny Xbox 360, it would only cost me $40 and I would also get the Game + Expansion Pass. F'ing hate Bungie, there should be a $40 upgrade for Xbox One players as well.

Edit:
    If you're still playing Destiny on your Xbox 360 or PlayStation 3, you can upgrade to Destiny: The Collection on a current-gen system for a reduced price of US$39.99.
    Actually I think you need Taken King for Xbox 360 - http://www.microsoft.com/store/p/x/c05zh0czcmfj
    Special Offer! Destiny: The Taken King Xbox 360 owners can purchase Destiny - The Collection at a discounted price.

I guess I could spend $30 on Taken King Xbox 360 and $40 on the upgrade, which would make the Xbox 360 Game+Expansion Pass+Taken King just $10.
    He's not a man. He's the holy Half-Dead who has seen the Underverse and returned with powers you can't imagine.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads