Game Discussion: Halo 5: Forge (Windows)

Halo 5: Forge (Win 10) achievements are now on the site

• Information
  • MakeMeACoffeeMakeMeACoffee1,635,089
    Posted on 30 August 16 at 08:36
    I'll be patiently waiting for the ridiculous DLC achievements in the vein of project spark. Enjoy your completion while it lasts everyone!
    RIP Trueachievement App http://www.trueachievements.com/forum/viewthread.aspx?tid=491015
  • Noodles JrNoodles Jr1,333,710
    Posted on 30 August 16 at 08:58
    MakeMeACoffee said:
    I'll be patiently waiting for the ridiculous DLC achievements in the vein of project spark. Enjoy your completion while it lasts everyone!
    "Receive 50,000 downloads on a custom map." We all know it's coming.
  • Posted on 30 August 16 at 12:24
    Does anybody know if these achievements are coming to console?
  • JumboWarioJumboWario1,127,507
    Posted on 30 August 16 at 12:36
    CanadianClark31 said:
    Does anybody know if these achievements are coming to console?
    Probably not.
    Game On.
  • Posted on 30 August 16 at 12:48
    :/
  • EinhanderEinhander242,730 242,730 GamerScore
    Posted on 30 August 16 at 13:07
    Wanna get em now clap
  • Mike PitchMike Pitch1,975,005
    Posted on 30 August 16 at 15:19
    I was wondering if this would get achievements. Look forward to trying this when I hopefully get my surface this holiday.
  • KameraKamera884,057
    Posted on 30 August 16 at 15:28
    Mike Pitch said:
    I was wondering if this would get achievements. Look forward to trying this when I hopefully get my surface this holiday.
    I don't think Forge will run smoothly on your Surface.
    Xbox Ambassador
  • Er PaBlEtOrEr PaBlEtOr1,582,341
    Posted on 30 August 16 at 16:15
    NICE!! This was what I wanted from this update
  • Linkx41Linkx4184,560
    Posted on 30 August 16 at 16:33
    This game will probably require a minimum of 8 GB of Ram like most AAA First Party Xbox One ports. The exception to that rule so far being Killer Instinct, which only needs 4 GB.
    Hooray for Windows 10!
  • Posted on 30 August 16 at 16:47
    Is there any point to limiting these achievements to pc only?
  • MathGuy42MathGuy42834,755
    Posted on 30 August 16 at 17:24
    Linkx41 said:
    This game will probably require a minimum of 8 GB of Ram like most AAA First Party Xbox One ports. The exception to that rule so far being Killer Instinct, which only needs 4 GB.
    Yes, 8GB of RAM is required. Here are the official requirements. The recommended RAM is 12GB.

Kamera said:
    Mike Pitch said:
    I'm guessing it won't run on a Surface. It appears the Surface Pro 4 GPU tops out at an Intel Iris 540. Maybe a Surface Book would work with the GeForce 940M option in the keyboard. I assume that's better than the Minimum GeForce 650 TI. I don't know much about PC GPUs, so I don't know how the Intel GPUs compare to GeForce.
  • Posted on 30 August 16 at 17:30
    Linkx41 said:
    Don't forget about DX12 cry
  • Mike PitchMike Pitch1,975,005
    Posted on 30 August 16 at 18:02, Edited on 30 August 16 at 18:05 by Mike Pitch
    MathGuy42 said:
    Kamera said:
    Mike Pitch said:
    I'm guessing it won't run on a Surface. It appears the Surface Pro 4 GPU tops out at an Intel Iris 540. Maybe a Surface Book would work with the GeForce 940M option in the keyboard. I assume that's better than the Minimum GeForce 650 TI. I don't know much about PC GPUs, so I don't know how the Intel GPUs compare to GeForce.
    Thanks for the heads up! I don't know much about GPUs either, hence why I stick to console gaming laugh

I knew the models I was looking at would meet the other specs they had mentioned a few days ago. Mainly picking it up for everyday use and some Win10 games to take along with me. I'm not big on forge so not a big deal if it doesn't work. Would be nice to give it a try though!
  • SweetArkhaneSweetArkhane1,467,573
    Posted on 30 August 16 at 22:39
    Wait, why does it need more RAM for 1080p 60fps or 4K 60fps x)

Guess I will never play any of the games released on Windows 10 with my PC ):
  • Posted on 31 August 16 at 07:37
    MathGuy42 said:
    Linkx41 said:
    Yes, 8GB of RAM is required. Here are the official requirements. The recommended RAM is 12GB.
    Thank god I upgraded to 16 recently, that'll be really handy now smile
    Posted on 01 September 16 at 23:32
    Extended system requirements have been released. The big change was adding AMD versions of the requirements.
  • FroZeNSouLFroZeNSouL603,869
    Posted on 12 October 16 at 12:35
    Now its out, any one tried it on any Surface pro 4 models or surface Books?
    I dont have win10 on my power rig, but pondered at getting win10 on such a device just to get the achievements.
    Or can you do as Ive done with other win10 exclusives, login to a win10 pc and hit download, cancel, then resume on win8.1 store??
    Posted on 12 October 16 at 14:11
    FroZeNSouL said:
    Now its out, any one tried it on any Surface pro 4 models or surface Books?
    I installed it on a Surface Pro 4 and unlocked all achievements. I had to use the Bundle link in the Store (Halo Forge + Halo App), since the Store did not want me to install Halo Forge. The SP4 does not meet the GPU requirements.

I had several crashes, especially in the Tutorial. I was beginning to think I wouldn't unlock that achievement, but eventually made it through. Somewhat complex maps like the Tutorial were laggy. Playing against others online was incredibly laggy. Fortunately everything is boostable.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads