Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

First Look at Gears of War 4's Horde Mode; Run the Jewels Collaboration

• KBop a dooKBop a doo415,435
  • Kamata50Kamata50433,664
    Posted on 01 September 16 at 23:08
    Is it me or did that kind of look like sunset overdrive? And the specific classes remind me of judgment :/ still already have it preordered
  • Posted on 01 September 16 at 23:27
    If you're into the sounds that set this scene, the trailer features music from hip-hop group
    Glad I read that first...now I can watch the trailer with the sound off and save my ears from suffering.
  • Posted on 02 September 16 at 00:22, Edited on 02 September 16 at 00:22 by Mr Peanutbubber
    Look closely to spot new monsters? They're everywhere!! Looks amazing. dance
    War...war never changes.
  • The AllslayerThe Allslayer1,414,710
    Posted on 02 September 16 at 00:33
    Reading this link hidden it sounds great! headspin
  • WJS OsirisWJS Osiris974,317
    Posted on 02 September 16 at 00:45
    every step of the way my concern grows greater. in my view classes added to horde is another in a long list of bad ideas added to this game. guess i will allways have gears 3 to fall back on.
    gow4 please be good
  • KanchanaburiKanchanaburi1,329,156
    Posted on 02 September 16 at 00:57
    Horde mode. All night long. I would rather play this then the neverending grind of the underground
  • Posted on 02 September 16 at 00:58
    It would be nice if they have it set up with a "Classic Horde" style where you play without the classes (and maybe even the fortifications).

So with the classes, will we be able to select each character skin and class separately or are certain characters fixed to a specific class?
    Est Sularus Oth Mithas
  • PostmortimusPostmortimus407,308
    Posted on 02 September 16 at 01:06, Edited on 02 September 16 at 01:23 by Postmortimus
    Kyo said:
    If you're into the sounds that set this scene, the trailer features music from hip-hop group
    Glad I read that first...now I can watch the trailer with the sound off and save my ears from suffering.
    Listen before you judge. You may discover you like something new. music

On Topic: This seems pretty cool (Hord Mode and the guest appearance by Killer Mike and El-P). Personally I thought Killer Mike and El-P did a great live set at Camp Bisco a few years back and I'm not even into most hip-hop. It's cool to see some slightly lesser known rappers getting a spotlight in some big AAA games.
  • a44Speciala44Special732,543
    Posted on 02 September 16 at 01:30, Edited on 02 September 16 at 01:30 by a44Special
    the Single The Gears of war by Body count (AKA Ice T's group) was a much better song.
    All gave some, some gave all.
  • Posted on 02 September 16 at 01:48
    I'd rather kick the jewels.
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 02 September 16 at 01:57
    Should be good. Bring it! rock
    "Ordinary people under extraordinary pressure. What did you expect, Mike? Grace and consistency?" - Lowell (Al Pacino) in "The Insider".
  • Da LukinatorDa Lukinator296,733
    Posted on 02 September 16 at 02:08
    For those that are worried these classes are not locked in like judgement. Every class can do everything any other class can its just that specific classes can have passive buffs active to make them slightly better at certain things.
    I.e engineer is able to build things cheaper and repair faster, however the heavy can also build and repair.
  • Da LukinatorDa Lukinator296,733
    Posted on 02 September 16 at 02:10
    Also you can play with any character skin on any class, it's only the initial weapons you start with that will be different.
  • vSullyvSully1,298,084
    Posted on 02 September 16 at 04:40
    Gears 2 Horde mode was almost perfect. Gears 3 Horde was garbage. This looks awful.

Bring back the Gears 2 format, please.
  • CubivoreCubivore528,662
    Posted on 02 September 16 at 04:46
    Kyo said:
    Run the Jewels is better than whatever crap you like
  • Posted on 02 September 16 at 04:46
    vSully said:
    Gears 2 Horde mode was almost perfect. Gears 3 Horde was garbage. This looks awful.

Bring back the Gears 2 format, please.
    I loved, absolutely loved, gears 3 horde.
  • Posted on 02 September 16 at 05:04
    Cubivore said:
    Kyo said:
    Run the Jewels is better than whatever crap you like
    Someone's a bit butt hurt.
  • Posted on 02 September 16 at 05:38
    Have my attention GoW4
  • Bernman 117Bernman 117262,507
    Posted on 02 September 16 at 08:08
    Booya! I love Horde. So happy it's back!
    Bernman 117
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads