Game Discussion: Minecraft: Xbox 360 Edition

New to Minecraft, Need Some Info Please

• Park DieselPark Diesel656,908
    Posted on 09 September 16 at 10:37
    Hi all,

I'm brand new to this game and would appreciate some info/help. I disconnected from Live, cleared the cache, started 2 tutorial worlds and a seed "888" world, reconnected and updated, then started on a tutorial world.

I walked up to a tree, punched 7 blocks of some type of wood (Oak wood, I think) but did not get an achievement. I opened my inventory while trying to figure out how to make wood planks, also no achievement.

I know a lot of changes were made to the game. Is the walkthrough completely useless? Can I not earn achievements in a tutorial world now? Am I not getting them because of setting them up offline? I set it up as Survival, Peaceful. Is that the problem?

I know these are "noob" type of questions but I have absolutely zero experience with Minecraft and I'm not seeing a lot of info on how it works after all these updates. Any info/help that you could provide would be appreciated.
  • TangerineGamerTangerineGamer2,614,783
    Posted on 09 September 16 at 10:47, Edited on 09 September 16 at 10:48 by TangerineGamer
    To be honest the walkthrough was written a while ago and may be out of date.

I am unsure if they changed something with regards to earning achievements, you used to be able to get them in the tutorial worlds
    Now that you mention it I was trying to help a friend with a couple of things I loaded up a tutorial world I had and nothing was popping for him so it may have been altered. However I haven't heard that this was changed

If you create a random seeded world are you able to get the achievements for getting wood and opening inventory?
    Yours sincerely, TG
    Posted on 09 September 16 at 10:54
    TangerineGamer said:
    To be honest the walkthrough was written a while ago and may be out of date.

I am unsure if they changed something with regards to earning achievements, you used to be able to get them in the tutorial worlds
    Now that you mention it I was trying to help a friend with a couple of things I loaded up a tutorial world I had and nothing was popping for him so it may have been altered. However I haven't heard that this was changed

If you create a random seeded world are you able to get the achievements for getting wood and opening inventory?
    Honestly, I didn't try. When the achievements weren't unlocking I backed out and removed from game history. I'm a bit of a completionist nut and wanted to try to find out what the current state of the game was before going any further.
    Posted on 09 September 16 at 11:09
    It'll be one to try then, if no one does it before me I'll load up my alt and give it a go - I'm at work but will try when I get home in 6/7 hours
    Yours sincerely, TG
  • Posted on 09 September 16 at 12:57
    There has been an issue recently (maybe intentional by the dev) where tutorial worlds count as creative worlds instead of survival worlds. Achievements don't unlock in creative worlds.
    Posted on 09 September 16 at 13:40
    anomalystic777 said:
    There has been an issue recently (maybe intentional by the dev) where tutorial worlds count as creative worlds instead of survival worlds. Achievements don't unlock in creative worlds.
    If it's a mistake I hope they can still see that they were never loaded in creative and change it back, would be a pain to not be able to use them ever again

Thinking about it, it might be intentional as the tutorial worlds were made technically made in creative by them ...
    Yours sincerely, TG
  • FFX BrotherhoodFFX Brotherhood1,571,641
    Posted on 09 September 16 at 16:32
    A lot of the tutorial worlds also feature methods of obtaining generally "Harder" or more resource intensive achievements pretty quickly; so it wouldn't surprise me if they caught on that a lot of people were earning the achievements through the tutorial worlds they made and wanted to stop it.
    I do like it when the red stuff comes out.
    Posted on 09 September 16 at 21:58
    Alright, thanks for the info guys.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads