Game Discussion: BioShock 2 Remastered

Against all odds?

• Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 22 September 16 at 20:08
    Anyone who's unlocked this know what difficulty you need to play on to unlock this? Hard or survivor or is there some sort of glitch like in the first one? Not that I used the glitch for brass balls on the first one but considering it for the second..
  • YinYin1,103,807
    Posted on 23 September 16 at 01:04, Edited on 23 September 16 at 01:10 by Yin
    This game does not feature a Survivor difficulty. When you select 'New Game' from the menu; you're presented with the standard three options, you need to select Hard.

There's no end game exploit, but there is an invulnerability glitch you can utilize once you reach the game's fourth area, Siren Alley. It involves the Scout Plasmid. Personally, I was able to reach this point without dying on hard, even though I never strayed too far from the objective arrow (this was my second playthrough). So if you're moderately good at shooting games (or have good tactical awareness) you should be able to pull off a one-run completion.

For those interested in performing this exploit:
    *** Spoiler - click to reveal ***

With the number of missable achievements and collectibles, I still recommend doing a two-playthrough run. The first on easy to ensure you don't miss one of the fourteen missable achievements (which includes a no Vita-Chamber run) followed by a quick run on Hard mode (at which point Vita Chambers may be renabled). It took me ~3 hours or so to complete my second playthrough using the above exploit, so it was worth it for me.

I considered writing a solution to help others, but exploits such as this often polarize the userbase; those who are fine with using glitches so long as it completes the game faster, while others swear against doing so. I'm not fond of the voting war that results, so I'll keep my comments here for vigilant players like yourself to find!
    Player Engagement and Features staff at DestinyTracker & HaloTracker. Come stop by!
  • LeXXuzLeXXuz1,113,491
    Posted on 25 September 16 at 17:24
    Thanks. That glitch might come in handy. smile
  • GrimaceTheGreyGrimaceTheGrey1,282,563
    Posted on 14 October 16 at 18:54
    Am I the only one who thinks it is odd they didn't patch out any exploits with the Bioshock titles? One would think they would have.
  • x SATELE SHAN xx SATELE SHAN x1,046,329
    Posted on 14 October 16 at 20:57
    All 3 games are exactly the same as on Xbox 360 (from the technical point of view). They have only best graphics ( PC settings, I suppose).
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads