Game Discussion: Lies of Astaroth

WHAT DECK TO CLEAR MYSTERY TOWER WITH? / I cleared Mystery Tower with this deck

• Posted on 01 October 16 at 19:12
    On the fifth floor, I had to do some of the chests up to 5 times in a row, which wasted energy, but until I have 4 Thundershield runes to try, this is probably just about my best deck to use.

Here's my deck that I cleared mystery tower with (in the order that I have my cards)
    I'm level 65 right now.
    Runes: 4 Burning Soul Runes (all lvl 4)
    Cards: (all lvl 10)
    Chimera
    Banshee
    Durahan
    Durahan
    Lich (because the CD is 2 and it has resurrection, it gets into the field quickly for one round, so that with another hell card on the battlefield, the burning soul runes will activate)
    Archdemon
    Demon King
    Guath
    Guath
    Senka

What deck worked for you? What deck did you complete Mystery Tower with? Post it below.
  • Posted on 01 October 16 at 21:34, Edited on 01 October 16 at 21:36 by PrefightSmile
    I got through the whole mystery tower with:
    Main ----------------------Back-up(Counter Burn/Card Destruction)
    3x Thundershield ----------------3x Clear Springs
    1x Soul Shield---------------------1x Soul Shield

4x Frost Treant --------------------3x Titan
    2x Guath-----------------------------2x Arch Bishop
    1x Rain Summomer--------------1x Medusa
    1x Aranyani ------------------------1x Aranyani
    1x Banshee--------------------------1x Banshee
    1x Senka------------------------------1x Zen Master
    ------------------------------------------1x Guath
    I tend to swap a few out Like Durahan in my main or no zen master and 2 Guath in my back up depending on the enemy composition involving elemental damages. i know I should make it easier by replacing soul shield on my main for another thundershield but it makes me feel consistent overall.
  • AwooAwoo2,210,830
    Posted on 02 October 16 at 00:00
    Looks alright, but I have to question why you'd put a Chimera on there. Lack of other hell cards? That CD6 ain't gonna do you any favors.
    What can change the nature of a man?
  • MemoriesOfFinalMemoriesOfFinal1,677,678
    Posted on 02 October 16 at 03:24
    Awoo said:
    Looks alright, but I have to question why you'd put a Chimera on there. Lack of other hell cards? That CD6 ain't gonna do you any favors.
    Sometimes a 6/4/2 combo or even just 6/4 burning soul trigger can be handy and Chimera's destroy is nice if it hits something. Other than that, eh?
  • Matt DB87Matt DB871,873,478
    Posted on 03 October 16 at 23:10
    My Burning deck is struggling through level 4 and 5 in mystery tower. I have all maxed burning runes and all cards are lvl 10.

1x Senka
    3x Durahan
    7x Lich

I've tried throwing in a couple mammoths but I'm still losing. Here are my other hell cards.

1x Lilith, 3x Guath, 2x Medusa, 1x ArchDemon, 2x Bone Dragon, and a red dragon.

I also have 9 Treant Ghost, 2 Aranyani, 4 Naiad.

Whats the best combination with these cards? Thanks
  • MrZombieChickenMrZombieChicken1,485,992
    Posted on 04 October 16 at 02:33, Edited on 04 October 16 at 02:34 by MrZombieChicken
    Matt, if you're going to use a burn deck you have to use strictly Hell cards.

I cleared the tower today with my burn deck:
    4X Burning Souls

Banshee
    Senka
    Soul Reaper
    Lych
    2X Durahan
    2X Guath
    2X Treant Ghost
    This space for rent.
    Posted on 04 October 16 at 19:13
    MrZombieChicken said:
    Matt, if you're going to use a burn deck you have to use strictly Hell cards.

I cleared the tower today with my burn deck:
    4X Burning Souls

Banshee
    Senka
    Soul Reaper
    Lych
    2X Durahan
    2X Guath
    2X Treant Ghost
    How do you think I should set up my deck with the Hell cards I listed? What I'm using now with the Durahans and Lich's are not cutting it.
    Posted on 04 October 16 at 19:47, Edited on 04 October 16 at 19:49 by MrZombieChicken
    You really need some cards with trap. Do you have Medusas? Those are not ideal since they have 6 CD, but they can be worth it if you use 1 or 2. Banshee and Soul Reaper would be good cards since they can potentially trap all the enemy cards for one turned while the 4 Burning Souls do their thing.

Also, make sure to try to play stubborn fights manually. Auto fight always plays your cards right away. On several occasions, holding back on playing a card until I can play 2 cards at the same time made a difference between winning and losing.
    This space for rent.
    Posted on 04 October 16 at 19:52
    I have 1x Senka, 3x Durahan, 6x Lich, 1x Lilith, 3x Guath, 2x Medusa, 1x ArchDemon, 2x Bone Dragon, and a Red dragon.
    Posted on 04 October 16 at 20:07, Edited on 04 October 16 at 20:10 by MrZombieChicken
    Senka should definitely be in there. She's much better than a Lich.
    I would stay away from 6 CD cards, so the dragons are not a good choice.
    Lillith is actually not bad if you get a little lucky. She returns the card she destroys back to your deck right away, so if it's a 2 CD card then it works out pretty well. Although I am not sure, I think Burning Souls get activated before she eats the card anyway.

So I would try: Senka, Lillith, Treant Ghost, 2X Duarahan, 2X Lich, 2X Guath, Medusa.

Play manually and try several times. Hopefully you get lucky and the Guaths and the Medusa succeed in trapping cards every turn.

Good luck!
    This space for rent.
  • JCDRANZERJCDRANZER1,337,908
    Posted on 04 October 16 at 20:23, Edited on 04 October 16 at 20:42 by JCDRANZER
    MrZombieChicken said:
    So I would try: Senka, Lillith, Treant Ghost, 2X Duarahan, 2X Lich, 2X Guath, Medusa.
    Got all those cards, why a Lich though? I've got 6 x Lich, 9 x Treant Ghosts, 10 x Fallen Souls, 7 x Nightmare, 2 x Medusa, 4 x Duarahan, 3 x Guath, 4 x Lilith and 1 Senka. I saved all the Treant cards since there supposed to be useful, I haven't used them yet. With those cards, what's the ideal deck for the mystery tower?

I don't have 4 Burning Souls, only 3 of them (1 of them is lvl 4, the others are at 0) and a maxed out Soul Shield.

Definitely going to give your deck a go after I max out my burning souls, hopefully will be getting cards that I haven't got yet.
    Posted on 04 October 16 at 20:34, Edited on 04 October 16 at 20:35 by Matt DB87
    MrZombieChicken said:
    Senka should definitely be in there. She's much better than a Lich.
    I would stay away from 6 CD cards, so the dragons are not a good choice.
    Lillith is actually not bad if you get a little lucky. She returns the card she destroys back to your deck right away, so if it's a 2 CD card then it works out pretty well. Although I am not sure, I think Burning Souls get activated before she eats the card anyway.

Play manually and try several times. Hopefully you get lucky and the Guaths and the Medusa succeed in trapping cards every turn.

Good luck!
    I don't have a treant ghost, but i can subsitute it with a medusa, guath. or durahan
    Posted on 04 October 16 at 21:59
    JCDRANZER said:
    Got all those cards, why a Lich though?
    The object of the burn deck is to have at least two Hell cards in the field as much as possible. Lich takes only 2 turns to play and has a chance to return to your hand when it dies.

Maxing out the Burning Souls can help, but not necessary. The boost in damage is not substantially more, but you should have plenty of runes to use for leveling, so why now....

If Medusa slows you down try replacing her with a Treant Ghost or a Lich. I had 2 Medusas in my original deck, but got rid of them because they took too long to play. I was able to do so because I had other trap cards in my deck. See what works best for you.

Matt DB87 said:
    I also have 9 Treant Ghost, 2 Aranyani, 4 Naiad.
    You said you had 9 Treant Ghosts.
    This space for rent.
    Posted on 04 October 16 at 22:06, Edited on 04 October 16 at 23:52 by Matt DB87
    oops i meant frost treant.

Can't get past the last fight in floor 4.

Using 1 Senka, 1 Lilith, 3 Guath, 3 Durahan, and 3 Lich. I took the Medusa's out because I was actually doing worse with them.

Just beat it with 1 Senka, 1 Lilith, 3 Durahan, and 5 Lich
  • Posted on 05 October 16 at 22:25
    I finally finished the tower with this

Naiad X2
    Phoenix
    Artemis
    Senka
    Titan
    Aranyani
    Saint hindin
    Pleiade
    Fire Drake

Thundershield X3
    Flight
  • AwooAwoo2,210,830
    Posted on 05 October 16 at 22:34, Edited on 05 October 16 at 22:35 by Awoo
    AlphaBluehood said:
    Fire Drake
    cry
    What can change the nature of a man?
    Posted on 06 October 16 at 02:04, Edited on 06 October 16 at 02:07 by Matt DB87
    AlphaBluehood said:
    I finally finished the tower with this

Naiad X2
    Phoenix
    Artemis
    Senka
    Titan
    Aranyani
    Saint hindin
    Pleiade
    Fire Drake

Thundershield X3
    Flight
    I have all that but the fire drake. I tried all combos with my burning and shield decks and just kept losing in the 4th and 5th floor.
    Posted on 06 October 16 at 02:30
    For whatever reason, the tower was ridiculously easy today. I think it only took 80 energy to get through it all. I only lost 2 fights....on the 3rd floor nonetheless, and it took one additional fight each to get through it. I did not lose any fights on the 4th or 5th floors. So all in all I only had to fight two additional battles over the minimum. And what did I get for my trouble? Drumroll..........A nightmare. Seriously, the best card I got from clearing all the floors was a nightmare. The rest were Liches and Electric Treants. What a waste of time. angry
    This space for rent.
  • JCDRANZERJCDRANZER1,337,908
    Posted on 06 October 16 at 07:26
    MrZombieChicken said:
    For whatever reason, the tower was ridiculously easy today. I think it only took 80 energy to get through it all. I only lost 2 fights....on the 3rd floor nonetheless, and it took one additional fight each to get through it. I did not lose any fights on the 4th or 5th floors. So all in all I only had to fight two additional battles over the minimum. And what did I get for my trouble? Drumroll..........A nightmare. Seriously, the best card I got from clearing all the floors was a nightmare. The rest were Liches and Electric Treants. What a waste of time. angry
    I didn't finish the mystery tower as I got stuck on the 3rd chest on Floor 4 but I did manage to get an Archbishop on the second floor, the problem is that I think the card is crap and have 5 of them now. Wish there was an event to trade cards already obtained in.
    Posted on 06 October 16 at 14:52
    JCDRANZER said:
    Wish there was an event to trade cards already obtained in.
    Yeah, but that will never happen in a P2W game. Would be nice though.
    This space for rent.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads