Game Discussion: Minecraft (Windows)

Update 0.16: The Boss Update in Minecraft (Win 10) achievements found

• Information
  • Revid CargianRevid Cargian1,144,895
    Posted on 12 October 16 at 07:53, Edited on 12 October 16 at 08:00 by Revid Cargian
    Interestingly, I unlocked Rabbit Season upon starting up the game, but haven't been able to get Super Fuel to pop, as easy as it should be. Gonna try using some more lava again, see if it pops the second time around.

EDIT: It seems to have popped now, though I used a freshly crafted bucket, furnace, and newly obtained food to cook. Everything I used the first time around had previously existed in my world prior to this update.
  • Itzz Sh0wt1m3Itzz Sh0wt1m32,101,629
    Posted on 12 October 16 at 13:15
    Beaconater, Spawn and kill the wither are definitely not obtainable yet. You need a nether star for a beacon and I've tried spawning a wither in Creative, and it doesn't even spawn. Even if you were to gather 3 wither skeleton skulls, it won't spawn

Also seeds which are supposed to generate an underwater fortress for elder guardians don't have the underwater fortresses where they are supposed to be.
  • StansStans562,588
    Posted on 12 October 16 at 13:51
    Do the wither skeleton skulls drop on this patch? Just wondering if it's worth farming them before a fix.
  • TangerineGamerTangerineGamer2,575,799
    Posted on 12 October 16 at 14:00
    I'll hold off starting for now then
    Yours sincerely, TG
    Posted on 12 October 16 at 15:21, Edited on 12 October 16 at 15:23 by Itzz Sh0wt1m3
    Stans said:
    Do the wither skeleton skulls drop on this patch? Just wondering if it's worth farming them before a fix.
    Spent 1,5 hours wandering around the nether and couldn't even find a wither skeleton, let alone hope for a skull.

However, you can spawn wither skeletons in creative mode and they do drop skulls. Nonetheless, that's worthless as everything has to be done in survival.

I guess that the real update which adds the ocean monuments, wither skeletons and pufferfish still needs to come, as this DLC is called update 0.16 and we're still playing on 0.15
    Posted on 12 October 16 at 19:24
    Itzz Sh0wt1m3 said:
    Stans said:
    Spent 1,5 hours wandering around the nether and couldn't even find a wither skeleton, let alone hope for a skull.

However, you can spawn wither skeletons in creative mode and they do drop skulls. Nonetheless, that's worthless as everything has to be done in survival.

I guess that the real update which adds the ocean monuments, wither skeletons and pufferfish still needs to come, as this DLC is called update 0.16 and we're still playing on 0.15
    Are the puffers not supposed to be in the game yet? 'Cause I've got a couple of them that I used to make my water breathing potions already.
    Posted on 12 October 16 at 20:13
    Not sure, havent tried to catch one for that long yet.
  • Chaos MythologyChaos Mythology1,933,693
    Posted on 12 October 16 at 20:20, Edited on 12 October 16 at 20:21 by Chaos Mythology
    So are we on update 16 or I'm on update 15?
    The best weapon against an enemy is another enemy...
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 12 October 16 at 20:27
    .16 is out on the 18th
    Posted on 12 October 16 at 20:32
    but how are people getting the achievements?
    Posted on 12 October 16 at 20:41
    Some items are already available in the current update
    Posted on 12 October 16 at 20:47
    non of the achievements work for me lol
    Posted on 12 October 16 at 21:48
    Itzz Sh0wt1m3 said:
    Not sure, havent tried to catch one for that long yet.
    Heh, not that it matters, since staying underwater for 2+ minutes doesn't unlock that achievement yet. =P Guess there's only 3 of the 9 that can unlock so far; Super Fuel, Rabbit Season, and Overpowered.
    Posted on 12 October 16 at 22:49
    Chaos Mythology said:
    You'll have to use "new" items. E.g a new furnace a new piece of meat and a new bucket of lava for the super fuel achievement.
    Posted on 12 October 16 at 23:22
    Itzz Sh0wt1m3 said:
    Chaos Mythology said:
    You'll have to use "new" items. E.g a new furnace a new piece of meat and a new bucket of lava for the super fuel achievement.
    JumboWario (I think he's a regular user around here) was saying his old items worked, and that it was likely the achievements are just slightly buggy. I think that could be the case, though I would agree with you on using new stuff anyways.
  • FuchsdhFuchsdh576,985
    Posted on 13 October 16 at 13:56
    I've done it with non-new items, but yeah the achievement is definitely buggy. Doesn't help that often I don't even get the notification when it finally pops.
  • JumboWarioJumboWario1,126,015
    Posted on 13 October 16 at 14:52
    Revid Cargian said:
    Itzz Sh0wt1m3 said:
    Chaos Mythology said:
    JumboWario (I think he's a regular user around here) was saying his old items worked, and that it was likely the achievements are just slightly buggy. I think that could be the case, though I would agree with you on using new stuff anyways.
    I used all existing items that I already had in my existing world. The achievement unlock was delayed a bit (like almost all the MC:W10 achievements), but it worked first try with the existing items.
    Game On.
  • Exe the HeroExe the Hero2,061,540
    Posted on 13 October 16 at 17:02
    Jumbo Wario, are you going to be putting together an updated achievement world download for these new ones? I never would've gotten some of the others without your help. Heck, I can even throw a couple bucks your way for the help if that'll motivate you :)
  • JumboWarioJumboWario1,126,015
    Posted on 13 October 16 at 19:04, Edited on 13 October 16 at 23:42 by JumboWario
    Exe the Hero said:
    Jumbo Wario, are you going to be putting together an updated achievement world download for these new ones? I never would've gotten some of the others without your help. Heck, I can even throw a couple bucks your way for the help if that'll motivate you :)
    Glad my world was helpful. Not sure yet if I'll ever update it. I never did the full 1000 and this new update adds structures like the water temple that you would need a new world for (it will only spawn in new chunks, which would be quite far in my existing world).

No need to give money, but the gesture is appreciated.

Itzz Sh0wt1m3 posted a couple worlds for some of the new achievements and has some for the previous updates. You can find all those here:
    Achievement worlds
    Game On.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads