Walkthroughs

Forum for discussing game walkthroughs

The Orange Box Walkthrough Discussion

• Information
    Posted on 14 April 11 at 23:53
    Please use this thread to discuss the The Orange Box walkthrough
  • Posted on 15 April 11 at 23:49
    If anybody has any questions or even anything to say about this, don't hesitate.
  • Will072Will072284,648
    Posted on 16 April 11 at 00:37
    How long do you think it is going to take you? Sure it is going to be a pretty hefty walkthrough. Good luck! smile
  • Posted on 16 April 11 at 19:40
    It could take a while, I've made a new account to play it as I am writing so I can do the walkthrough to the best of my abilities. I'm doing well so far though so it shouldn't take too long.
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 02 May 11 at 20:18
    Any updates on time left?
  • Posted on 08 May 11 at 08:29
    Sorry about the late reply, I hadn't been checking the forums.

I stopped for a while due to personal reasons but I am now able to carry on. I reckon I could easily have it done by the end of today, then it's all a matter of when they publish it. (That may take a while, its a big walkthrough and may take a while to proofread)
  • Tasty PastryTasty Pastry463,716
  • mooglessmoogless231,140
    Posted on 30 March 12 at 21:11
    i was reading this, and i dont like how you put several achievements into a second playthrough. the lambda locator could easily be done on your first playthrough to save time, as well as the one free bullet if you use the cheats. and while i have no problem with one of the 2 achievements in episode 2(gnome and grubs) being stuck into a second playthrough, one should still be done. if you are not carrying the gnome, have them crush the grubs and vice versa.
    Remember, science rhymes with compliance. Do you know what doesn't rhyme with compliance? NEUROTOXIN
  • Ashen SeraphAshen Seraph1,095,366
    Posted on 16 July 12 at 21:57
    Also a problem about Episode 2, the videos marked as showing where the web caches for Pinata Party actually don't go out of their way to show them and completely miss the very first cache. This led to me having to run through that area a third time to figure out what the hell happened.
  • kirchroa rjckirchroa rjc641,101
    Posted on 07 May 13 at 11:28
    thnx mate great walktrough!
  • PrimeBigTimePrimeBigTime1,011,338
    Posted on 16 June 13 at 19:43
    Your walkthrough is downright awesome. I stopped playing this game because I thought that I missed way too many achievements and didn't want to start over but you do an amazing job easing our worries and letting us know how to go back and get those we missed. Thanks!
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 16 June 13 at 22:05
    If you are still struggling you can always use the invincibilty cheat, which is LB, Up, RB, Up, LB, LB, Up, RB, RB, Up (Up is on the directional pad, not the analog sticks.)
    Only lost one "i" there. 4 out of 5 correct is pretty good in my book. wink

On Team Fortress 2, it helps to have a group of friends who you can play with. One of the achievement even requires 7 other people on your friends list.
    Either get rid of "of the" and write "One achievement".
    Or add an "s" to write "One of the achievements".

After some more walking, walking, realising your walking the wrong way and then walking the right way a bit and then a bit more walking, you will eventually end up in an apartment block raid (the game gets much better stop worrying).
    "you are" of "you're" instead of "your".
    For people interested in "realizing" or "realising" I found this interesting article. The article points out how the "z"-spelling is perceived to be an americanism but in fact pre-dates the "s"-spelling. In addition the article introduced me to the ngram.
    http://grammarist.com/spelling/realise-realize/

Now its time for some real action; keep sprinting to dodge the bullets until you meet 2 Combine in a corridor.
    I have quoted this "it's" instead of "its" only once. There are more occurrences in the walkthrough.

There's quite a few turrets around this area so be extra careful when taking cover and let your antlions out to do the dirty work (or even distract the turrets as you run).
    "There are" instead of "There's".

There is no best place to get this, just try find the best opportunity for you.
    "finding" or "to find" instead of "find".

Here you will attacked by 2 antlion guardians, which upon defeating them will award you with...
    "attack" or "be attacked by" instead of "attacked by".

One of these cachés actually has its own achievement onto it, so whilst getting that achievement you should also recieve...
  • Posted on 19 June 13 at 13:59
    I think I was 14 when I wrote this walkthrough, so many mistakes were made. I apologise and may find time to fix them at some point. Through the whole thing I was writing whilst playing the game so some parts were typed in a hurry.
  • Posted on 25 December 14 at 19:34
    While I do appreciate the effort you put into writting this, it seems like everybody feels the need to sound funny nowadays. Please, do not do that while writting a walkthrough! It's so very frustrating to try to follow directions and noticing that what's written is unnecessary. Stay focused, be objective. Most people don't care if you can make jokes between the lines. Adding stuff like that just makes it ticker and takes more time to read and go through. Other than that, thanks.
  • Posted on 25 December 14 at 21:59
    Natural born entertainer, sorry!
  • Paul ZapPaul Zap192,130
    Posted on 02 March 15 at 03:16
    After most of the achievements on the Half-Life 2 page, there's ".htm" or a similar bit of cut-off link.

Also, the video for "Keep off the Sand!" on the Half-Life 2 page doesn't exist any more (i.e. the embedded player is still there, but the actual video isn't on YouTube any more).
    Just another victim of the ambient mortality.
  • Posted on 15 July 15 at 23:27
    I know I might be a bit late to the party as this walkthrough has been out for 4 years now, but I would like to point out that in the portal section of the walkthrough the video to help with the chamber 13 advanced map is the camera shy achievement guide instead of the chamber 13 walkthrough.
  • Stevo6483Stevo6483360,843
    Posted on 03 December 15 at 15:39, Edited on 03 December 15 at 15:39 by Stevo6483
    I'm also late to this but am thinking about running through HL soon, however I noticed there's 1 achievement missing from the walkthrough (it only covers 98 of 99 achievements). Looking through the list it looks like Think Fast is missing...

The Orange BoxThink Fast!The Think Fast! achievement in The Orange Box worth 18 pointsKill an Elite Soldier with his own energy ball.

Great walkthrough though.
    Stoke me a clipper, I'll be back for Christmas... Whatever!
  • NomstuffNomstuff932,229
    Posted on 03 December 15 at 16:53
    There is an achievement missing, but it's not think fast, that's under hl2 ep1
  • Posted on 26 May 16 at 04:51
    If its not think fast than what is it? Because I'm staring at the achievement list in game on half life 2 and think fast is right underneath conservationist. Honestly this walkthrough is poorly written. There could've been a lot more detail without giving any spoilers.

I had no idea about the think fast achievement until I looked at the list in game, I'm now at the point were all I have is the gravity gun. Had I been given a heads up in the "walkthrough" I would've knocked this out in 2 seconds.

Don't make me take a picture of the achievement. Believe me its there in half life 2 or else I wouldn't even bother writing this.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads