Hello again everybody!! Hope all is going well on your end. I've been trying to get into a monthly blog routine but I'm bored so I thought I'd write a lil something a few days earlier than I planned :)
June was a pretty good month for me gaming-wise. I completed three games which is kind of a record for me, especially with them all being finished within about a week of each other.
I finally finished my first Guitar Hero game which was very exciting for me. I thought that damned Sampler Plate achievement was never going to pop but about midway through our second playthrough of the game modes, there it was. Huge thanks to Spartan MRC178 and Buckswana for their help, I couldn't have done it without you both :)
Battlefield 3 was next on the completion list. I was finally able to get that bastard achievement Bullseye with the help of Dark Resis7ance (thanks again, you rock!!) That was the last disc achievement I had left so I just had to wait for the dlc, which wasn't a very long wait after all lol. We ended up getting the Premium deal so we had early access to the Close Quarters dlc and finished it rather quickly. I liked the dlc for the most part, I'm just not used to the new maps yet. I get lost during Conquest Domination, there's always one objective I ignore since I'm too stubborn to try to find a way to it. The assignments didn't seem to be too bad either, although I admit I haven't finished all of them yet but I will eventually. I'm just nervous for the next dlc since it's pretty much vehicle driven, and anyone who's ever played online with me knows that vehicles are not my strong point...unless they need to be destroyed with teammates in them ;)
Last in my triple-play was Party Animals. I had rented this game about a year ago and got 80% of the achievements within the first 2 days, but this was around the time when my box was being a total bitch and at times wouldn't read games so I wasn't able to complete it then. When I saw that it was on sale for 400msp last week, I had to get it to finish it off. Thanks again to Buckswana for helping me with the mp stuff I had left.
I set a goal for myself to hit 90% completion by the end of the year. I'm hoping I can do it, I don't really see why not. I was sitting at an 87% until I started Bolt, which was also a 400msp steal. So now, my to do list looks like this:
1. Complete Bolt - Easy peasy, just dreading the collectibles...ugh...
2. Complete Gears of War - Currently working on this. I was in 2 sessions this week and am in another later today. The guys have all been great to chat with and I've already got 2 weapons done. Just have 2 weapons to go, curb stomps, revives, hosting and Seriously...
3. Get to work on GTA 4 - This was one of the first games we bought when we first got our Xbox, way back in the day before the achievement bug bit us. It's currently sitting on my card with 6/65 achievements won so that one is gonna help out my goal once I get motivated enough to get back to it.
4. Finish Red Dead Redemption - Ugh. I loved this game but there's just waaaay too much shit to do to get the 100% completion. But there's still mp I need help with so if anyone's interested, hit me up :)
5. Finish Bad Company 2 - I just have to get silver and gold stars on the Vietnam weapons and I'm halfway through the tank kills. This probably should be higher up on my list but I'm not too concerned about it right now.
I'm sure there's more I can work on but this blog has gone on long enough. Besides, the more I look at what needs to be done, the more I tend to procrastinate
Well, I guess I should wrap this up. Take care and thanks for reading!! Hope to game with you all soon!!