A new way to play
I've been thinking about my gaming habits the last few days and I have come to a conclusion: I have finally gotten burned out on score whoring. Which is why i'm going to be playing a fuck-ton of hard games. Yeah, because making me throw controllers and hit my head on the wall is more fun! I'm sick to death of playing piss-easy kids games and other bullshit for easy gamerscore, it just doesn't give me the same thrill that it used to. Of course if it's an easy game like You're In The Movies that has a high ratio i'm all over that shit. Because ya know, it's not about the actual "challenge" it's only about the perceived challenge by some bullshit TA ratio. Not really sure what brought this on. It might be that I'm just too stupid to give up on an achievement when it's obviously not worth my time. Fuck it, I don't care if I can 999G out of a game in 5 minutes, i'm going to spend another 300 hours if I have to pick up that last 1G. Because... Logic. I don't use it. It could also be that hitting 200K changed my perspective on my gaming habits or maybe it's just the recent challenging high TA ratio games I've done that are scratching this new itch. Honestly though, it's probably just the fact I haven't been taking my Zoloft. Don't tell the doctor, she thinks i've been enjoying my free-time going outside, and spending the 4 - 5 hours I have at the end of the day relaxing and playing an enjoyable game. Nope, I haven't been going outside as much as I did before I stopped taking the medicine, and have been spending nearly 9 - 10 hours NOT enjoying my games. Logic. So I'm going to put some more things in my head because the Zoloft took all my old OCD habits away... And I need to make new ones! Logic. Yay!
And God spake all these words, saying,
1. Thou shalt not play a game without an arbitrary number less than 1.6 unless thou hath a major interest in said game.
2. Thou shalt not play a game thou are even remotely interested in if number is less than 1.6
3. Thou shalt not experiment with a new game with ratio less than 1.6 lest thou find out he/she in fact, does not liketh said gameth.
4. If thou has major interest in game, thou shalt be allowed to play eth.
4 amendem. thou shalt not play more than one game thou eth interested with number less than 1.6 unless thou has forced himself to throw controller to at least 10 (TEN) 1.6+ ratio games.
1. 2. 3. 4. amendem. if thou arbirtarily assigned number shall reach higher than 1.7 thou shalt enjoy games even less and thou shalt only play 1.7 games
5. thou shalt avoid games that eth not completeable like plague. If thy game is considered best game by literally every person in thy world, thou shalt still not play said game. As said before, thou shalt not enjoy games.
5 Source: The Two Curses that hath already stricken!!!!!!
"The fish in the Nile will die, and the river will stink and thus the Egyptians will not be able to drink its water and the lord fucking almighty, gamerguy45 will not have an achievement unlocked."
"The very firstborn in Egypt will die, from the firstborn son of Pharaoh, who sits on the throne, to the firstborn of the slave girl, who is at her hand mill, and all the firstborn of the cattle as well. And the lord fucking almighty gamerguy45 will have another achievement still locked!"
6. Thou shalt try to only dislike thou games, not hate thy games.
7. Thou shalt play game only if thy amount of time actually enjoying said game is equal to or greateth to 13.4%. If time enjoying game is less than thy arbitraily set number, thou has not enjoyeth said game. This hath forcest gamerguy45 to not tryeth new genres lest I not enjoyeth game, even if it deviates from others in said genre.
8. Thou shalt not play game even if thy ratio is 1.6 and thou shalt enjoy the game for 27.6% of the 1500 hours for completion if game has leaderboard achievement. It does not matter if thy will enjoy the game for 414 hours and said game is besteth game ever made. Thou still hath be forced by arrowpoint (bow and arrow forced to head) to play 1086 more hours than enjoyable so thou holy arbirtirary number is 100%
9. Thou shalt complain about ratio being low, and games being easy. But if thou thinks that thy does not possess thy skill to unlock thy achievement, game may not enter disk tray. This proves to everythy in thy world that youeth so good at everyeth game. If thy doesn't play thy game, how can other assess that thy player sucks as said game?
9. Adendem. Thou shalt realises this applies to game thy likes. If thy likes thy game, thy shalt not play it if thou does not possess thy skill to unlock achievement.
10. Thou shalt not realise own hypocrisy, ridiculusness, waste of time in a limited life not enjoying thy game or thy life and taking more time than it should by not even going outside.
I think I covered all my bases. And i'm really looking foward to this new way of playing. Here's hoping to bring back the vacuum that sucks the life out of gaming. And destroys my free-time to the point i'm not even enjoying it. But hey, at least i'm enjoying at least 13.7% of my time.
EDIT: I just dusted off the 2,000 year old paper, I must've wrote an 11th commandment. Here goes:
11. Thou shalt not use logic at all. Clearly thy could stop playing game after enjoyment stops. Clearly thy *SHOULD* stop playing games after enjoyment stops. Clearly thy games are meant to be played for fun. Clearly thy could spend the same amount of time enjoying 900+ games, and enjoy every minute with a 40 - 70% arbirtart number, rather than 200 or so games where thy does not enjoy virtually any of it. Better yet, clearly thy would be best off playing only 300 - 500 games for a 40 - 70% arbirtary number and enjoyeth every minuteth of said time. Than go outeth and see a couple movieth, geocacheth, hang out with friendeth, partyeth, ride a boateth, see the world one place at a timeth. This wayeth you could play tons of games for 4 - 5 hours wheneth thou comes home after spending 6 - 8 hours outeth enjoying life. Enjoy every minute of thy gameth and not forceth thyself to play game thy doesn't like for some stupid fucketh number. And Stilleth play moreth games than thou does and even haveth a higher gamerscoreth and have a better life by nearly 2000% percenteth.
But logic. Who needs it?
Posted by gamerguy45
on 03 July 12 at 07:09
| There are no comments on this blog - Please log in to comment on this blog.