Black Friday/Cyber Monday Haul 2013
I'll be the first to admit that when I scanned through the deals for this past weekend I originally saw absolutely nothing appealing. To be honest, I still feel that a good chunk of the deals this year really weren't anything that special, or at least, a lot of what did seem great were things I already had, or had no interest in. Despite those feelings, I sit here now at the end of the weekend having bought eight new 360 retail games, four new XBLA games, and a T-shirt from Irrational Games. It appears that when you start to really search for these deals you can stumble into some great ones. Without further random babbling, I'll list out what I bought.Retail:
- Heavy Fire: Shattered Spear
- Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Future Soldier
- Spec Ops: The Line
- Saints Row: The Third
- Tomb Raider* The six games above were bought from GameFly which was having a special sale of $5 off every used or keep game that you purchased. My total from those six ended up being under $40.
- Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
- Dead Space 3* These remaining two retail games I bought from Amazon while they were up as a Lightning Deal. I bought both games for under $10 each.Arcade:
- The Cave
- Mark of the Ninja
- Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon
- BattleBlock Theater* All four of the arcade titles I bought from Microsoft during their Friday and Monday sales. I'm pretty sure all four were just about +/- $5 each.T-Shirt
- BioShock Infinite Battleship Bay shirt
After looking over everything in all one more time I'm really happy with how I did. For the sheer amount of stuff that I bought, I feel the total amount I spent is pretty respectable. In hindsight though maybe it wasn't the best idea to go nuts and add 12 new games to my collection. My backlog is big enough and it continues to get bigger naturally as time goes on, and these weekend purchases sure didn't help the cause any.
So how about you? What did you haul in over this sales weekend?
Posted by MarcC29
on 02 December 13 at 22:28