2. General hints and tips
Although this game is rather straight forward, there are a few things that are worth pointing out:
- Take cover whenever you can. Although this might sound silly on lower difficulties, you can die quite easily if you stand too long out in the open. Don't underestimate your enemies. There are plenty of them and the more they hit you, the more likely they are to kill you. If you dont have any cover, run around. Standing still invites your enemies to shoot you.
- As soon as you aim down the sights (LT), there is an auto-aim feature which can be turned on/off in the options. Always use this since it will make your aiming considerably easier, especially for long-range targets. This also works with weapons with a scope (ACOG or sniper rifle).
- Know the levels like the back of your hand. Knowing when to expect what and where to find which weapon might make a difference since it will not only spare you a lot of time, but you will also know when the next possibility comes to replenish ammo or just get a better weapon. Search every nook and cranny in each level and I'm certain that you will find 1 or 2 neat little presents to aid you further in your journey through the story.
- If you can, evade combat! This might sound stupid, but at no point in the game do you have to kill a certain number of enemies to advance. For the time challenges, you must do this, since otherwise you won't get them done. Simply kill the enemies in your way and continue through the levels as fast as you can. This is especially crucial if you dont need anything more in the level, such as collectibles or certain weapon kills. Upon reaching checkpoints and closing doors, the enemies wont follow you.
- Your health always regenerates EXCEPT in the Classic game mode, which is similar to the original on the N64. Staying stealthy and killing only what is necessary is the key to success. However, being exceptionally good at aiming will also help a lot!
- On Classic difficulty, also make sure to always grab body armor since it will increase your health bar by an additional bar. Most levels. however, don't need this as long as you stay stealthy. Despite this, there are some levels in which it is impossible to stay stealthy, so it is a good idea to grab them in any case!
- As soon as you get detected and want to stay hidden, resetting to the checkpoint won't always help. Sometimes, the alarm is triggered automatically as soon as you enter the area, even though no one saw you (no danger indicator) and you restarted from the checkpoint.
This walkthrough is the property of TrueAchievements.com. This walkthrough and any content included may not be reproduced without written permission. TrueAchievements.com and its users have no affiliation with any of this game's creators or copyright holders and any trademarks used herein belong to their respective owners.