Kalypso Media has announced that everything that El Presidente touches will turn to gold from next month. The Gold Edition of Tropico 4
will include the main game, as well as the title's only DLC expansion, "Modern Times
If you're unfamiliar with the Tropico
franchise, then here's a brief summary of what the newest title entails:
As the president of a tiny Caribbean island, it’s up to you to lead your country to greatness! Will you be a benevolent and tolerant leader, or a power-mad dictator? Will your economy rely on tourism, farming, big business or cheap sweatshops? The decisions you make will shape the future of your island, and more importantly, the size of your off-shore bank account.
• Become the heroic leader, or a despicable despot as your customized El Presidente avatar makes decisions for the good or ill of the people
• Two extensive campaigns consisting of more than 30 unique missions including the new “Modern Times” campaign
• More than 100 buildings in total, including the stock exchange, shopping mall, aqua park, car factories and shuttle launch pad
• Council of Ministers – Elevate citizens to government positions to help push through your more controversial decisions
• Sandbox mode for custom games, with improved map and scenario editor for endless replayability
The Tropico 4
Gold Edition is set for release on November 13th. Although the cover image (above) is intended for the special edition's arrival in North America, it is unclear as to whether the Gold Edition will be exclusive to that region. There may still be hope for a European release -- it all depends how nice El Presidente decides to be. Furthermore, no pricing details have been confirmed yet.