Capcom has brought many of their fighting franchises to the Xbox 360, but one that is yet to make an appearance is Darkstalkers
. The 2D fighting game was set in a Gothic horror universe where the characters are based on "classic horror and folklore" monsters or those that were hunting them. The most recent instalment in the series last made an appearance on the Playstation 2 in Japan, but Iron Galaxy are now preparing the second and third games in the series for an appearance on Xbox LIVE Arcade as a package called Darkstalkers Resurrection
.Night Warriors: Darkstalkers Revenge
is the second game in the series and was released in 1996 for the SEGA Saturn. The game has 14 playable characters, including the ten playable characters and the two non-playable bosses from the first game in the series, Darkstalkers: The Night Warriors
: Demitri Maximoff, Jon Talbain, Victor von Gerdenheim, Lord Raptor, Morrigan Aensland, Anakaris, Felicia, Oboro Bishamon, Rikuo, Sasquatch, Huitzil and Pyron. The two new characters were Donovan Baine and Hsien-Ko, who were otherwise known as the Dark Hunters. The aim of the Dark Hunters was to hunt down the other 12 characters in the game.
The game used the Street Fighter
3-punch, 3-kick system. However, players could also perform extended chain combos, air blocking and air dashing. Several Special Gauge bars can be filled up to enable players to unleash ES and EX super moves. The ES Specials only require a portion of the Special Gauge, whereas the EX Specials require a completely filled Special Gauge.Darkstalkers 3
was originally released in 1998 for the SEGA Saturn and Playstation X. Although Donovan Baine, Huitzil and Pyron were missing from the roster, four new characters were added: Jedah, Lilith, Q-Bee and B. B. Hood. Another secret character, Shadow, made an appearance as well thanks to the game mode where the player assumed the identity of the defeated character for their next fight.
The game added the Damage Gauge System, which replaced the traditional round-based system found in Night Warriors: Darkstalkers Revenge
. Battles took place during a single round where each fighter had two life bars that depleted after running out of vitality. If the player avoided taking further hits, a portion of their life could be regained. The new Dark Force System also gave each character a unique special ability that could be performed for a limited period of time.Darkstalkers Resurrection
builds upon the online system previously introduced in http://www.trueachievements.com/SF3-Online-Edition/achi....htm
and Marvel vs. Capcom Origins
to bring the games up to modern standards. Here's a full list of the upgraded features:
• FAITHFUL RECREATION: Both Night Warriors: Darkstalkers Revenge and Darkstalkers 3 are faithful to the original arcade release of the games.
• UPGRADED VISUALS: The games can be played with a variety of HD filtering options along with several viewing modes ranging from full screen to over the shoulder arcade mode for those who want to re-live the classic arcade experience.
• ONLINE FUNCTIONALITY: GGPO-enabled online game play helps create a virtually lag-free fighting game experience that now includes upgraded matchmaking, with additional options such as region matching, ping lock and ping display.
• REPLAY SHARING: Players will be able to save replays of their match and upload it to either the game’s match server or directly to YouTube.
• SPECTATOR AND WATCH WITH FRIENDS MODES: Players waiting for their turn to fight will be able to participate by viewing and discussing ongoing matches with Spectator Mode. “Watch With Friends” mode allows players in a private room to download or stream matches, where they can provide comments and discuss in real time.
• UNLOCKABLE CONTENT FOR FANS: Challenge/Tutorial Mode features in-depth tutorials that teach useful strategies for each character. When challenges are successfully accomplished, during Challenge/Tutorial Mode or during regular game play, points are earned which can be redeemed to unlock vault items such as concept artwork, videos and more.
is due to be released early next year. The two-game combo will set buyers back 1200 MSP.
Thanks to the members of the community who sent this one in!