Civil War Hits Pinball FX 2

Civil War Hits Pinball FX 2

Did you miss Marvel?

Written by punkyliar on 21 November 12 at 18:56

The Civil War started when the Superhuman Registration Act was introduced in America. Any person with superhuman abilities had to register with the federal government. Any hint of secrecy was lost as they had to reveal their true identities to the authorities and undertake training.

The superhuman community was divided into two. Iron Man became the figurehead for pro-registration. His argument centred on the changing political landscape and that resistance was futile; heroes should have proper training and overseers. Captain America became the figurehead for the anti-registration movement. His argument centred on the requirement of secrecy to protect family and other aspects of a normal life. He also felt that superheroes should be able to use whatever means necessary to deal with threats against which ordinary humans wouldn't stand a chance. The arguments descended into violence.

The violence continues into the "Civil War Table", which hit Pinball FX2 today. It adds one new achievement worth 50G. Whose side are you on?

The controversy over the Superhuman Registration Act has led to the unfathomable Super Hero Civil War. Choose between Iron Man, who leads the SRA's supporters, and Captain America, who sees it as a threat to personal liberties, as you assemble your team and experience one of the most dramatic conflicts in the Marvel Universe.Those of you who want a sneak peek at the table can check out these screenshots.

The "Civil War Table" costs 240 MSP and can be downloaded from here. Those of you who want to try out the table before your purchase will first want to download the free trial from here.
AuthorMessage
Kinkii Mono
211,866
Kinkii Mono
Site HelperTrueAchievement Ratio: 1.9617254 posts
Last post: 28 Oct 13 at 20:51
Posted on 21 November 12 at 19:28
when will they start to up the difficulty on the achievements on new tables. old ones might have been a bit too hard some of them but these are way too easy.
finallife6
271,357
finallife6
119 completed games(Includes owned DLC)TrueAchievement Ratio: 1.78611,600 posts
Last post: 19 Mar at 13:18
Posted on 21 November 12 at 19:44
Kinkii Mono said:when will they start to up the difficulty on the achievements on new tables. old ones might have been a bit too hard some of them but these are way too easy.I have a better question. Why just not just make a whole new game then focus on how to milk it to death?
Zalsha
147,598
Zalsha - All proud.
147,598 TrueAchievement Points20 completed games(Includes owned DLC)502 posts
Last post: 08 Apr at 15:44
Posted on 21 November 12 at 19:47
I hated the Civil War event in the Marvel universe.
ECOTz McChicken - The North remembers. Winter is coming... April 6th
188,616 TrueAchievement Points360 posts
Last post: 19 Apr at 02:10
Posted on 21 November 12 at 19:49
Kinkii Mono said:when will they start to up the difficulty on the achievements on new tables. old ones might have been a bit too hard some of them but these are way too easy.From what i've played/seen about the achievements, one is easy, one is hard and the other is just average. (Some exceptions of course)
Dino Mcfly
90,283
Dino Mcfly - BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMMMMMMMMMM!!!!!!!!!
90,283 TrueAchievement Points76 posts
Last post: 17 Mar at 00:25
Posted on 21 November 12 at 20:40
Zalsha said:I hated the Civil War event in the Marvel universe.I loved Civil War. It was what got me back into comics. what I wasn't a fan of was every event afterwards being more of the "heroes vs. heroes until it was chalked up as a misunderstanding" storyline.
Kinkii Mono
211,866
Kinkii Mono
Site HelperTrueAchievement Ratio: 1.9617254 posts
Last post: 28 Oct 13 at 20:51
Posted on 21 November 12 at 20:48
ECOTz McChicken said:Kinkii Mono said:when will they start to up the difficulty on the achievements on new tables. old ones might have been a bit too hard some of them but these are way too easy.From what i've played/seen about the achievements, one is easy, one is hard and the other is just average. (Some exceptions of course)Last 6? tables have only had 1 achievement each and they have been comparable to the 5 point achievements (easiest one) on the old ones with 3 different difficulty ones.
Quantum Binman - PSA: The rather good "Red Orchestra 2" is currently free on steam for PC gamers!
TrueAchievement Ratio: 2.0243Achievement Completion Percentage: 87.43% (Includes owned DLC) - 29 more achievements required to reach 88%967 posts
Last post: Today at 09:47
Posted on 22 November 12 at 01:38
Kinkii Mono said:ECOTz McChicken said:Kinkii Mono said:when will they start to up the difficulty on the achievements on new tables. old ones might have been a bit too hard some of them but these are way too easy.From what i've played/seen about the achievements, one is easy, one is hard and the other is just average. (Some exceptions of course)Last 6? tables have only had 1 achievement each and they have been comparable to the 5 point achievements (easiest one) on the old ones with 3 different difficulty ones.Xbox live has a 99 achievement limit so each new table only has the one basic achievement to avoid hitting that limit, whereas ps3 users get 3 new trophies per table because Sony aren't dicks like MS fortunately for them.

It would be nice if they just chose the wizard achievements, but that might put people off playing the tables because some (defeat Ultimo etc. ) are pretty brutal.
HyruleBalverine - Currently in the (@txlhounds) AHP Easter to ANZAC Day Challenge at http://360voice.gamerdna.com/challenge/112541
TrueAchievements Pro userAchievement Completion Percentage: 66.38% (Includes owned DLC) - 48 more achievements required to reach 67%708 posts
Last post: Today at 04:00
Posted on 22 November 12 at 02:38
finallife6 said:I have a better question. Why just not just make a whole new game then focus on how to milk it to death?Actually, they may be working on that already. There was an an issue of Game Informer just prior to the DLC with the World War Hulk table that had an article about that DLC. In that article, the person from Zen alluded to a Pinball FX 3 with a comment about making all tables in 2 able to be ported over like the tables from 1 were carried over to 2 if you had them. TA even posted a news thread when someone read the comment.

Personally, I think Zen will wait until the next generation of consoles is released before publishing 3.
Remember when you played games just for fun?
wiirule111
74,127
wiirule111 - Ventilating
Achievement Completion Percentage: 24.84% (Includes owned DLC) - 24 more achievements required to reach 25%TrueAchievement Ratio: 1.2816607 posts
Last post: 19 Apr at 13:03
Posted on 22 November 12 at 06:07
Quantum Binman said:Kinkii Mono said:ECOTz McChicken said:Kinkii Mono said:when will they start to up the difficulty on the achievements on new tables. old ones might have been a bit too hard some of them but these are way too easy.From what i've played/seen about the achievements, one is easy, one is hard and the other is just average. (Some exceptions of course)Last 6? tables have only had 1 achievement each and they have been comparable to the 5 point achievements (easiest one) on the old ones with 3 different difficulty ones.Xbox live has a 99 achievement limit so each new table only has the one basic achievement to avoid hitting that limit, whereas ps3 users get 3 new trophies per table because Sony aren't dicks like MS fortunately for them.

It would be nice if they just chose the wizard achievements, but that might put people off playing the tables because some (defeat Ultimo etc. ) are pretty brutal.
Uncharted 3 on PS3 have 130 trophies or so,, burnout 5 have near 100.. other games have 100+/- trophies too as there is no known limit.
If a dev make a downloadable game as a retail "wanna be," they are allowed to have 51 trophies instead of 10-20.

PS3 do not have a lower limit either, and a few games only have 4-10 bronze trophies.
360 have a lower limit of 12 atleast. When 360 got 400G limit, PS3 sometimes gets less trophies than 360 version now.

I own both consoles, so i get the best of both. :)
Masterpasje
109,449
Masterpasje
TrueAchievement Ratio: 2.2733Achievement Completion Percentage: 98.04% (Includes owned DLC) - 25 more achievements required to reach 99%188 posts
Last post: 16 Apr at 15:46
Posted on 22 November 12 at 10:08
^Well, no matter how the math is done, there is no reason for Zen to choose the easiest of the achievements each time as the single achievement for the xbox version. This is getting really ridiculous.
The level of skill needed to prove yourself has gone from pretty high to extremely easy.
Fortunately, we can still enjoy the game regardless and play it as it is intended: going for a crazy good score.
But the extra incentive we used to have to learn the table inside-out in order to maybe, finally complete the wizard mode after an infinite number of failed attempts....it's gone.
It's as if Zen is counting on players to be lured by the easy 50 GS as the prime reason for them to buy their new tables. Fearing that many players will stop doing so if completing the wizard mode is the only way to earn GS.