Thanks to TA Community Member, Ryot Control
, it has come to our attention that Team Ninja will be delaying the patch release until February, citing a problem discovered regarding the PS3 patch. Here is the full quote from Team Ninja:
Notice regarding an issue in Ver.1.03Original Story:
January 23, 2012
In update Ver.1.03 for the PlayStation®3 released on January 22, 2013, an issue with stagger escapes (a.k.a. slow escapes) during Critical has been discovered, preventing users from enjoying the intended design of DOA5 during normal play. We deeply apologize for the inconvenience this has caused.
As a result, we have halted the Xbox 360® update originally scheduled for January 29, 2013, and plan to release a corrected update for both the PlayStation®3 and Xbox 360® systems sometime in February.
The "Hotties Swimwear" and "Zack Island Stage" DLC for the Xbox 360® will also be released at the same time in February.
Our deepest regrets for the inconvenience this has caused and we appreciate your continued support.
Team Ninja, the developers behind fighting title Dead or Alive 5
have unveiled a pretty chunky update for the title, which comes bursting to the brim with a free new stage, updates and improvements to the gameplay, and three new incoming DLC packs. The new stage, known as 'Zack Island', will be the ideal place for the incoming swimsuit collections to be shown off.
There's plenty of info to share for 'Zack Island'. Forget the cold, miserable and wet weather most of us will be stuck in at the minute, and let's have a good think about warmer places we'd rather be right now that would be similar to the upcoming 'Zack Island':
• This fresh new stage is set on a lush tropical island with clear blue sea and white sandy beaches—the perfect place to escape winter doldrums!
• Battles take place on a large beach and can carry into the waves of the neighboring sea
• The sea water is a “slip zone” where characters are more vulnerable to lower body attacks, which can stagger opponents
• Now players can enjoy seaside battles with new moves such as Bayman’s Death Punisher
• Tropical items such as coconuts can fall from trees when shaken or hit during battles, so watch out for falling objects!
Despite how deep in thought we could be thinking about hot weather, luxurious beaches, crystal blue seas and clear blue skies, the ultimate icing on the cake to these thoughts is adding in hot women in sizzling swimsuits; that's putting it sensibly of course. Check out the details on the three separate swimsuit packs, and then enjoy a handful of screens that showcase Zack Island and the various swimsuits for the characters of Dead or Alive 5
NEW ISLAND-THEMED SWIMSUIT DLC PACKS
• Hotties Swimwear Pack 1 features new swimsuits for Kasumi, Kokoro, Helena, and Sarah
• Pack 2 features swimwear for Hitomi, Leifang, Mila, and Pai
• Pack 3 features swimming outfits for Ayane, Christie, Tina, and Lisa
Placing a cherry on top of an already well-decorated cake, we have a trailer to share that contains plenty of wet, wild and wonderful fighting going on as the ladies splash about in the water. Female gamers, there's a few grizzly men thrown in too and even a fighter donning scuba gear! Sexy!
With such pretty additions soon to be available for Dead or Alive 5
, the main part of the game still needs to be well looked after in order for players to fully enjoy the upcoming DLC packs. With that said, let's take a look at the changes and improvements being made as part of the 1.03 update:
• Combat balance adjustments and new fighting moves
• Online gameplay adjustments and improvements
• Updated content and movie upload functions
• General updates based on player feedback
• In-depth details of the 1.03 update are available for viewing at:http://teamninja-studio.com/teamninja/doa5/us/patch.html
The "in-depth details" of the update are pretty long, so for those interested; make sure you check out the list right here
The new stage, general improvements, and swimsuit collections will all be available for Dead or Alive 5
when the 1.03 update goes live on January 29th. The three swimsuit collections come with a price tag of 400 MSP each
, or save yourself a few points and purchase all three packs
in a bundle for 1040 MSP