Rock Band DLC for February 19th, 2013

Rock Band DLC for February 19th, 2013

It's been one week since you looked at me

Written by Rebecca Smith (punkyliar) on 16 February 13 at 21:36

Coming next week to the Rock Band Store we have three more songs that were originally released as part of the Rock Band Blitz tracklist.

Barenaked Ladies – “One Week” O
Collective Soul – “Shine
Fall Out Boy – “A Little Less Sixteen Candles, a Little More ‘Touch Me’

Tracks cost 160 MSP each.

Tracks marked with "O" have Key/Pro Key charts included.

For the newest Rock Band Network releases, check out the latest Rock Band Aide update.

Not for you? Tell Harmonix what you want here: http://www.rockband.com/request
AuthorMessage
DGC BrotherH00d
TrueAchievement Ratio: 2.0141Achievement Completion Percentage: 87.38% (Includes owned DLC) - 60 more achievements required to reach 88%60 posts
Last post: 17 Apr at 11:47
Posted on 16 February 13 at 21:40
Needs more Miley Cyrus. Just saying.
dijonketchup13 - Looking for people to finish Borderlands 1 & 2 with. Preferably people with the DLC.
104 completed games(Includes owned DLC)Achievement Completion Percentage: 58.82% (Includes owned DLC) - 15 more achievements required to reach 59%481 posts
Last post: 05 Sep at 02:46
Posted on 16 February 13 at 21:41
I was hoping there'd be a Barenaked Ladies pack whenever they dropped One Week on the marketplace. I've been waiting years for some BNL, and One Week is such a boring song to play on anything other than vocals.
liiami
262,750
liiami
TrueAchievements ModeratorSite Help Manager1,542 posts
Last post: 24 Feb at 09:01
Posted on 16 February 13 at 21:54
I'm watching x-files with no lights on
OfficerBarbrady - STING STING STING STING STING STING STING
TrueAchievement Ratio: 1.907544 completed games(Includes owned DLC)2,693 posts
Last post: Yesterday at 04:10
Posted on 16 February 13 at 21:56
I wouldn't mind them releasing the RBB songs if they also released a few other songs along with them, like they were doing with the MCR, Rick Springfield, etc songs. But it's just been a disappointment for the RBB owners.Why not just release them all at the same time like they did with the Green Day stuff?
When life gives Chuck Norris lemons, he makes orange juice
wiirule111
77,083
wiirule111 - Ventilating
Achievement Completion Percentage: 24.89% (Includes owned DLC) - 17 more achievements required to reach 25%TrueAchievement Ratio: 1.2985641 posts
Last post: 07 Nov at 13:03
Posted on 16 February 13 at 22:00
Its sad that they are only releasing RBB songs.

Maybe weekly sales went downhill? Its their own fault for releasing too much Singstar kind of music.

Release what people wanna buy instead.
Chakaal Starr
211,772
Chakaal Starr
211,772 TrueAchievement PointsTrueAchievement Ratio: 1.57291,930 posts
Last post: 24 Nov at 22:05
Posted on 16 February 13 at 22:10
People really want to buy Singstar type music. I had coffee with HMXhenry and that stuff sells really well.

I have a feeling it is more to do with the next gen coming up right away.
Frontman Mike - 1.45; 65,426; 66.06%; Let's see what happens next!
70,557 TrueAchievement PointsDonated to TrueAchievements.com199 posts
Last post: 25 Jun 13 at 15:33
Posted on 16 February 13 at 22:16
wiirule111 said:Its sad that they are only releasing RBB songs.

Maybe weekly sales went downhill? Its their own fault for releasing too much Singstar kind of music.

Release what people wanna buy instead.
Do we have to go over this every week when the new Rock Band DLC is announced?

The reason they're releasing the Blitz stuff is that they couldn't release Blitz for Wii like they could for 360 and PS3, and they're trying to give Wii owners a chance to get those songs too. And since DLC is the same for all systems every week, that's what we get too right now. Besides, it's kind of nice for those people who only want a few of the songs from Blitz instead of all of them.

Would it be nice if they'd do something like putting out a couple of Blitz songs and a couple of non-Blitz songs every week? Sure, I guess, but that would just mean it would take longer to get through the Blitz songs, and then people would piss and moan about that instead.

Weekly sales might have dropped off, but I think that would have happened after this long regardless of what songs they were to release. In fact, if anything, I can pretty much guarantee that the reason they released so much Singstar stuff is that pop and R&B outsell metal and other rock right now by a pretty wide margin. That's how it works on iTunes, that's how it works in radio, that's how it works in video game DLC. It's sad, but it's true. Did you watch the Grammys last week? Neither the Rock category nor the Hard Rock/Metal category was even televised -- they relegated it all to the pre-show alongside religious music and (no, I'm not making this up) the award for the best liner notes in an album. Because rock simply isn't where the money is these days, and like it or not, they have to make money if they want to stay in business at all.
jwg300
87,270
jwg300 - killing zombies
87,270 TrueAchievement Points2 posts
Last post: 16 Feb 13 at 22:43
Posted on 16 February 13 at 22:43
liiami said:I'm watching x-files with no lights oni hope the smoking man is in this one!
Beachem
175,238
Beachem - 109,000 TA for Halo: MCCC [shock]  That game could make the last week of the GTASC interesting if those ratios don't go down much.
Achievement Completion Percentage: 79.47% (Includes owned DLC) - 41 more achievements required to reach 80%177 completed games(Includes owned DLC)6,276 posts
Last post: 24 Nov at 21:26
Posted on 16 February 13 at 23:24
I can't wait until they're done releasing all the RBB songs. Then there will hopefully be some good new stuff.
Jump right out of a creek!
wantalloftheham - Burn this bitch down!! - Brown's stepfather said this right before the riot started, riot incitement I believe.
1,245 posts
Last post: 25 Nov at 13:54
Posted on 17 February 13 at 00:32
mfreakinalex said:I was hoping there'd be a Barenaked Ladies pack whenever they dropped One Week on the marketplace. I've been waiting years for some BNL, and One Week is such a boring song to play on anything other than vocals.my wife likes to drive me crazy singing this song in the car, especially the part that is like really fast
My God promised me "hope and change" over 2000 years ago, how is your god working out?
Mystic Typh00n - Country Track Pack 2 ordered! ($15) Now own all Rock Band games!
TrueAchievements Walkthrough SupervisorTrueAchievements Reported Content Evaluator5,436 posts
Last post: Yesterday at 07:40
Posted on 17 February 13 at 01:42
Only 6 more Blitz songs left people.

So two weeks from this release, and then two weeks after that week. (Assuming it's 3 songs per week.)

Also, I hate the re-record of Shine.
How much for the whole kitten kaboodle?
CC BLackhaWK
132,861
CC BLackhaWK - Might be getting back into GS
132,861 TrueAchievement PointsTrueAchievement Ratio: 1.562056 posts
Last post: 26 Feb at 12:42
Posted on 17 February 13 at 02:00
They base their songs off of sales, not play counts. I have some of these "gimmicky" songs and I admit they were fun to play one or two times. But the more challenging songs I play over and over. I haven't bought dlc since Dream Theater because no challenge. They lost the hardcore audience by doing this. The current audience is a more recreational "for fun" group of people. Luckily we have RBN for good dlc.
CHIGGUMS
91,817
CHIGGUMS - Whoever wrote the achievement list for Trials of Dunwall needs to be castrated and launched into the sun.
Achievement Completion Percentage: 99.64% (Includes owned DLC) - 2 more achievements required to reach 99.7%49 completed games(Includes owned DLC)256 posts
Last post: 25 Nov at 18:10
Posted on 17 February 13 at 02:31
Yay! More songs that I only know exist because of a Weird Al parody!
AvengedAgainst - Diablo 1k'd, time for....... more Diablo!
Achievement Completion Percentage: 53.75% (Includes owned DLC) - 52 more achievements required to reach 54%160 completed games(Includes owned DLC)280 posts
Last post: 18 Jul at 13:19
Posted on 17 February 13 at 03:36
Frontman Mike said:wiirule111 said:Its sad that they are only releasing RBB songs.

Maybe weekly sales went downhill? Its their own fault for releasing too much Singstar kind of music.

Release what people wanna buy instead.
Do we have to go over this every week when the new Rock Band DLC is announced?

The reason they're releasing the Blitz stuff is that they couldn't release Blitz for Wii like they could for 360 and PS3, and they're trying to give Wii owners a chance to get those songs too. And since DLC is the same for all systems every week, that's what we get too right now. Besides, it's kind of nice for those people who only want a few of the songs from Blitz instead of all of them.

Would it be nice if they'd do something like putting out a couple of Blitz songs and a couple of non-Blitz songs every week? Sure, I guess, but that would just mean it would take longer to get through the Blitz songs, and then people would piss and moan about that instead.

Weekly sales might have dropped off, but I think that would have happened after this long regardless of what songs they were to release. In fact, if anything, I can pretty much guarantee that the reason they released so much Singstar stuff is that pop and R&B outsell metal and other rock right now by a pretty wide margin. That's how it works on iTunes, that's how it works in radio, that's how it works in video game DLC. It's sad, but it's true. Did you watch the Grammys last week? Neither the Rock category nor the Hard Rock/Metal category was even televised -- they relegated it all to the pre-show alongside religious music and (no, I'm not making this up) the award for the best liner notes in an album. Because rock simply isn't where the money is these days, and like it or not, they have to make money if they want to stay in business at all.
Well said!
Tony Starc
415,148
Tony Starc - Change your passwords, just to be safe - http://www.cnet.com/news/derptrolling-leaks-psn-2k-windows-live-customer-logins/
415,148 TrueAchievement Points196 completed games(Includes owned DLC)443 posts
Last post: 16 Mar at 18:57
Posted on 17 February 13 at 03:45
I can't be the only person who gets excited to see new RB3 DLC and then every single time gets disgusted at their choices

I haven't bought RB DLC in over a year it feels like. Sometimes they get good bands and horrible songs by those bands, and then never add the good ones.
Groudon199
147,659
Groudon199
147,659 TrueAchievement Points330 posts
Last post: Yesterday at 20:49
Posted on 17 February 13 at 04:54
Tony Starc said:I can't be the only person who gets excited to see new RB3 DLC and then every single time gets disgusted at their choices

I haven't bought RB DLC in over a year it feels like. Sometimes they get good bands and horrible songs by those bands, and then never add the good ones.
Having bought so few DLC songs after Blitz's release (7 songs from October to December, including a drought of 4 straight weeks twice), I stopped getting excited for the new announcements. Nowadays, I expect something that I'm not interested in, and I'd get pleasantly surprised if there is (like the Aerosmith week and this past week).

Not saying most of the songs are bad. Just they're not ones I like enough to buy for RB in most cases.
Saft Und Kraft - Fuck Win 8 games
490,681 TrueAchievement Points395 posts
Last post: 09 Oct at 14:24
Posted on 17 February 13 at 06:25
that's a pretty lame set of "songs"
The Monk BAD IT - This is my new gamertag: Manu BAD IT
88,859 TrueAchievement Points7,934 comments3,666 posts
Last post: 22 Jul at 07:40
Posted on 17 February 13 at 08:48
music dance music
>> Tampa Bay Buccaneers <<
LimeGreenLegend - www.youtube.com/dctancock
75,465 TrueAchievement Points97 posts
Last post: 25 Jun at 07:19
Posted on 17 February 13 at 09:52
Rock Band is a little baby toy for puny girls and boys.

Real men/women play Rocksmith.
http://www.youtube.com/user/dctancock - game videos!!!