Crytek has taken to the official blog
for its action-shooter Crysis 3
to provide details of two separate patches that have been created to mend various sections of the game.
First, there's Patch 1.1 which "will be a physical update requiring you to download it when prompted". A decent number of fixes and updates will be applied to both the single-player campaign and multi-player modes with this update and all of the adjustments can be seen below.
• Fix for users getting stuck in the Pinger
• Fix for Flashbang/Smoke grenade reactions not displaying in Kill Cam
• Fix for crosshair becoming invisible after certain actions
• Fixes for squads joining and disconnecting from servers
• Fix for players being unable to fire or reload occasionally
• Fix for users occasionally being able to hear VTOL damage siren constantly
• Weapons retrieved from the ground now have the correct attachments
• Fix for players getting stuck if ripping HMG off VTOL during destruction
• Fix for being unable to detonate C4 after host migration on consoles
• Fix for game not ending correctly if last opponent triggers a host migration
• Fix for issue where sometimes rip and throw weapons would not deal damage in smoke grenades
• Fix for relay in CTR becoming stuck if picking up relay during shotgun reload
• Fix for icons disappearing occasionally in CTR
• Last Man Standing no longer displayed in Hunter for players that have just died
• Fixed issue with teams during host migration in Hunter/Assault
• Fix for crash when loading a checkpoint under certain circumstances during final sequences of the game
• Fix for the player not being able to pass the first hacking challenge in Jailbreak if the "melee" action is assigned on the "F" key
• Fix for the Hammer pistol laser pointer attachment not being unlocked after completing Jailbreak which prevented players from reaching 100% completion
• Fix for rare bug at the end of the River mission which resulted in the player losing most of their inventory, the possibility to pick-up items and the bow
• Fix for lack of feedback sounds when the player pickups ammo from weapons on the floor
Unfortunately, the timing of the release of Patch 1.1 on the Xbox 360 platform is yet to be confirmed. This is due to an issue surrounding the way that the game's user interface displays the number of dog tags each gamer has collected. The developer has stated that they are obviously aware of the issue, and have a solution to overcome it. The patch will be released in due course, when that solution can be correctly implemented.
There are further multi-player updates courtesy of Data Patch B, which will download, in the background, when you access the in-game multi-player menus. Thankfully, Data Patch B is already live. The fixes in Data Patch B have also been explained by the developer, as follows:
• Melee whilst sliding damage reduced to match patch A's melee damageCrysis 3
• Typhoon mid range damage reduction
• Bow sensitivity reduced to match Assault Scope values on X360 as they have similar zoom values.
• SCAR+Laser long distance effectiveness reduced.
• Threat Awareness module levelling targets reduced to 3/10 enemy C4's destroyed
• Potential fix for "Incoming!" Skill Assessment not levelling up correctly
• Fix for Social Challenge skill assessments not being tracked correctly
is already available in retail stores having been released
earlier this month.