PES Scores Rights To AFC Champions League

PES Scores Rights To AFC Champions League

32 officially licensed teams set to join the roster

Written by DavieMarshall on 26 April 13 at 17:25

Pro Evolution Soccer is true to its name if nothing else. Constantly evolving license deals have seen the somewhat comical name substitutions dwindle in iterations gone by. Today Konami have announced that they have closed a deal with the AFC Champions League to further bolster their list of 'real life' tournaments and content.

The AFC (Asian Football Confederation) Champions League is the top flight Asian club football competition with roots as far back as 1967, and Konami seem very pleased to welcome them on board. Tomoyuki Tsuboi, President of Konami Digital Entertainment, Inc, had this to say of the deal:

In an effort to show our commitment to the expansion of licenses, we have forged a new partnership with the Asian Football Confederation. We look forward to working closely with the AFC Champions League to bring fans the next level of football video gaming.The AFC roster won't just be dropped into the existing selection ad-hoc. Konami noted that the AFC will enjoy a 'dedicated mode', where players will assume control of one of 32 teams that compete in the AFC Champions League tournament. There was no specific team list included in the press release, so we assume that details and kit renders for these will be issued over time.
AuthorMessage
Xantium89
229,908
Xantium89
229,908 TrueAchievement Points45 posts
Last post: 22 Sep at 12:03
Posted on 26 April 13 at 17:35
YES! I've always dreamed of playing a legendary match between Al-Ahli and Ulsan Hyundai
young tugboatz - 54/100 games played on Fifa 14 Win8 while racing RR2 on my WP8! Multitasking!
117,667 TrueAchievement Points4 walkthroughs owned535 posts
Last post: 16 Nov at 23:22
Posted on 26 April 13 at 18:11
Xantium89 said:YES! I've always dreamed of playing a legendary match between Al-Ahli and Ulsan HyundaiHasn't everyone?
100% Red Dead Redemption 100% L.A Noire
eViL mOnKeY 270 - Servers went down as i finished master chief saga playlist, No achievement :(
280,953 TrueAchievement PointsTrueAchievement Ratio: 1.766688 posts
Last post: 19 Oct at 15:07
Posted on 26 April 13 at 18:53
Why don't they just buy a license that would actually have a positive impact on sales
rastabikerman
184,657
rastabikerman
184,657 TrueAchievement Points19 posts
Last post: 07 Aug at 18:50
Posted on 26 April 13 at 18:59
lol. what a load of shit. they are really clutching at straws now. just give up.
Ry Fryy
216,339
Ry Fryy
216,339 TrueAchievement Points183 posts
Last post: 20 Oct at 14:15
Posted on 26 April 13 at 20:25
Cool. I don't know much about AFC teams (apart from a few Japanese, Korean, and Australian teams) but always nice to see them adding stuff.

Also, fuck the user above me.
SneezeSomeMilk - Happiness is just a Flaming Moe away
Registered on 07 October 2008 (Year 1 - alpha)TrueAchievements Pro user79 posts
Last post: 20 Nov at 17:22
Posted on 26 April 13 at 21:20
i guess this actually WILL boost their sales in the asian region. this series is quite popular in japan.
OleGunnar Booey - Xbox One 2 days 5 hours :D
74,182 TrueAchievement Points36 posts
Last post: 30 Jul 13 at 20:53
Posted on 26 April 13 at 21:32
@Rastabikerman - Considering EA has monopolised the rights to most leagues in the world it'd be hard for Konami to fix it! Personally I have always been a FIFA man but I'm buying PES 2014, not because they got licences for the AFC Champions League but because EA are disgusting.
Blackbelt29
109,013
Blackbelt29 - Every single achievement in Virtua Tennis 4 is bugged. They keep poping & unpoping. It's beyond annoying...
109,013 TrueAchievement PointsAchievement Completion Percentage: 61.17% (Includes owned DLC) - 52 more achievements required to reach 62%185 posts
Last post: 20 May at 22:06
Posted on 26 April 13 at 22:10
Go Daegu FC !
Qwanimal
235,475
Qwanimal - Anyone have any 48 hour xbox live trial codes they want to donate to a good cause (me and Matt finishing Seriously 3.0)
TrueAchievement Ratio: 1.9104Achievement Completion Percentage: 96.42% (Includes owned DLC) - 38 more achievements required to reach 97%183 posts
Last post: 21 Nov at 15:26
Posted on 26 April 13 at 23:21
rastabikerman said:lol. what a load of shit. they are really clutching at straws now. just give up.Great, and we'll just have no competition against FIFA and no incentive for EA to improve their game and not fill it with ripoff microtransactions. Last time EA thought they had no competition we ended up with FIFA2000, the shittest football game ever made and the only game i've ever returned in disgust for a full refund.

FYI PES is getting better again, FIFA is stagnating. If konami just included a better achievement list it would be a guaranteed purchase for me.
Sgt Malarkey Br - Ratio subindo sozinho!!!! coisa boa!!! thanks new taer's
TrueAchievement Ratio: 1.9786Achievement Completion Percentage: 97.19% (Includes owned DLC) - 51 more achievements required to reach 98%3,510 posts
Last post: Today at 16:27
Posted on 26 April 13 at 23:38
Nice, but i`m more of fifa !!
Sir Funkified
186,115
Sir Funkified
186,115 TrueAchievement PointsAchievement Completion Percentage: 43.07% (Includes owned DLC) - 161 more achievements required to reach 44%50 posts
Last post: 24 Oct at 20:27
Posted on 27 April 13 at 09:45
You know how on playstation you can install a patch to update the players and teams to be genuine?
Is that possible on the xbox?

Cos if this PES with the Fox engine turns out to be great I might have to get the PS version instead of FIFA on the xbox.
WonderfulWest
251,113
WonderfulWest - Anyone wanna boost Madden NFL 25 on XB1???
251,113 TrueAchievement Points312 posts
Last post: 16 May at 11:35
Posted on 27 April 13 at 10:19
REALLY....REALLY....Your Really think getting the AFC Champions League will help shift more copies of you game an catch up to FIFA. maybe in the Asian market but im sure the rest of the world dosnt care about there league/clubs. I just put that money into making PES game engine better and the true football fans will come back.
AP 8T8
579,322
AP 8T8
Achievement Completion Percentage: 95.94% (Includes owned DLC) - 9 more achievements required to reach 96%342 completed games(Includes owned DLC)98 posts
Last post: 10 Nov at 02:41
Posted on 27 April 13 at 10:46
The asian market is a pretty big one you know.
NawtyCawty
185,874
NawtyCawty - Well I have bought over 700 games and what do I get from MS as a thank you in their giveaway? Sweet f.a. lol
185,874 TrueAchievement Points2,593 posts
Last post: Today at 13:54
Posted on 27 April 13 at 11:18, Edited on 27 April 13 at 11:19 by NawtyCawty
AP 8T8 said:The asian market is a pretty big one you know.Not for Xbox. Only about 5 people own one lol.

I must admit to agreeing with Rastabikerman. I mean really what is the fucking point. I gave up playing as London United years ago.
Posted on 27 April 13 at 17:25
OleGunnar Booey said:@Rastabikerman - Considering EA has monopolised the rights to most leagues in the world it'd be hard for Konami to fix it! Personally I have always been a FIFA man but I'm buying PES 2014, not because they got licences for the AFC Champions League but because EA are disgusting.Could not have put it better myself
rastabikerman
184,657
rastabikerman
184,657 TrueAchievement Points19 posts
Last post: 07 Aug at 18:50
Posted on 27 April 13 at 19:47
Qwanimal said:rastabikerman said:lol. what a load of shit. they are really clutching at straws now. just give up.Great, and we'll just have no competition against FIFA and no incentive for EA to improve their game and not fill it with ripoff microtransactions. Last time EA thought they had no competition we ended up with FIFA2000, the shittest football game ever made and the only game i've ever returned in disgust for a full refund.

FYI PES is getting better again, FIFA is stagnating. If konami just included a better achievement list it would be a guaranteed purchase for me.
yeah, because adding the asian league will suddenly make pes an amazing game. it wont mean anything for the vast majority of people.
toddycst
346,734
toddycst - Halo!!!
346,734 TrueAchievement Points240 completed games(Includes owned DLC)461 posts
Last post: Yesterday at 19:16
Posted on 27 April 13 at 23:45
I predict Broncos and Patriots in the AFC Championship.
The Monk BAD IT - This is my new gamertag: Manu BAD IT
88,814 TrueAchievement Points7,934 comments3,666 posts
Last post: 22 Jul at 07:40
Posted on 28 April 13 at 13:34
Lucky Conquerer said:OleGunnar Booey said:@Rastabikerman - Considering EA has monopolised the rights to most leagues in the world it'd be hard for Konami to fix it! Personally I have always been a FIFA man but I'm buying PES 2014, not because they got licences for the AFC Champions League but because EA are disgusting.Could not have put it better myself
>> Tampa Bay Buccaneers <<
Davoon66
59,990
Davoon66 - loving the black theme
59,990 TrueAchievement Points207 posts
Last post: 15 Oct at 16:08
Posted on 29 April 13 at 11:37
I wouldn't mind playing merseyside reds or wtf those names were in pes6 if i didn't feel like i'm controlling clumsey robots. EA is a disgrace, i hate them with a passion but FIFA feels good. PES feels sh*t.