Laika Believes Gets a New Trailer

Laika Believes Gets a New Trailer

How much is that doggie in the window?

Written by ClumsyOnion on 26 June 13 at 17:14

Occasionally a game comes along which leaves you guessing and wanting more. From what we’ve seen so far of Minicore Studio's latest title, Laika Believes promises to be such a game. With the arrival of the first part not so far away, we have a tasty new teaser to wag your tails at.

The trailer for the non-linear platformer attempts to clear up some of our previous questions, showing us Laika's cute little puppy face, map interface details and character development, as well as revealing some of the title's interesting gameplay.



Waiting is part of the deal to get our hands on some platforming cyber-dog action; exactly how much longer we need to wait is still misty. The first episode titled "The Sun at Night" is predicted to be released sometime this fall.
AuthorMessage
destinywars
476,512
destinywars
476,512 TrueAchievement Points135 posts
Last post: 10 Mar at 02:41
Posted on 26 June 13 at 18:20
this could be interesting......
ChewieOnIce
244,507
ChewieOnIce
TrueAchievements NewshoundTrueAchievements Game Info Editor9,967 posts
Last post: Today at 17:24
Posted on 26 June 13 at 18:22
This hurts by brain. But in a sort of good way.
@ChewieOnIce | NewsHound | 'Please don't kill us.' 'Please don't make it so appealing'
AKA Swede
536,143
AKA Swede
536,143 TrueAchievement Points406 completed games(Includes owned DLC)256 posts
Last post: 13 May at 14:58
Posted on 26 June 13 at 18:24
looks cool
You have business cards? You're a stormtrooper. There's like a million of you.
nelis99
90,029
nelis99
90,029 TrueAchievement Points602 posts
Last post: 31 May 15 at 10:39
Posted on 26 June 13 at 18:44
hmm...
Stumpokapow
153,476
Stumpokapow
153,476 TrueAchievement Points5 posts
Last post: 25 May 14 at 00:14
Posted on 26 June 13 at 18:59
This looks neat and I hadn't heard of it before so thanks for posting it.

But given that you posted it with the "XBLA" tag and there's no publisher listed and Microsoft hasn't picked it up for independent publishing through them and the platform isn't mentioned in the video and previous press listed it as PC first maybe consoles later, is this really something TA would cover? For example, I think Journey is a great little game, but TA doesn't cover PS3 games so I wouldn't expect it to be posted about here. Is there any actual evidence the game has an XBLA release? Maybe the developers would like to release it on XBLA but do they have a publishing deal?
The Monk BAD IT
92,481 TrueAchievement Points7,756 comments3,664 posts
Last post: 22 Jul 14 at 07:40
Posted on 26 June 13 at 19:01
I want more details ..
>> Tampa Bay Buccaneers <<
ChewieOnIce
244,507
ChewieOnIce
TrueAchievements NewshoundTrueAchievements Game Info Editor9,967 posts
Last post: Today at 17:24
Posted on 26 June 13 at 20:02, Edited on 26 June 13 at 20:05 by ChewieOnIce
Stumpokapow said:This looks neat and I hadn't heard of it before so thanks for posting it.

But given that you posted it with the "XBLA" tag and there's no publisher listed and Microsoft hasn't picked it up for independent publishing through them and the platform isn't mentioned in the video and previous press listed it as PC first maybe consoles later, is this really something TA would cover? For example, I think Journey is a great little game, but TA doesn't cover PS3 games so I wouldn't expect it to be posted about here. Is there any actual evidence the game has an XBLA release? Maybe the developers would like to release it on XBLA but do they have a publishing deal?
In previous material they've mentioned XBLA so until they confirm that it's not being released there we cover it with the assumption that it still is.

We also cover other game announcements if platforms aren't confirmed (usually with a disclaimer that we don't know if its definitely coming to Xbox). If a game 100% isn't coming to Xbox (like Journey), that's when we won't cover it.
@ChewieOnIce | NewsHound | 'Please don't kill us.' 'Please don't make it so appealing'
Anavryn
259,062
Anavryn
Achievement Completion Percentage: 82.14% (Includes owned DLC) - 77 more achievements required to reach 83%TrueAchievement Ratio: 1.66011,128 posts
Last post: 22 Nov 15 at 02:04
Posted on 26 June 13 at 23:51
Looks...interesting? I'm presuming Laika is a reference to the first dog in space.
MugenKairo
161,087
MugenKairo
124 completed games(Includes owned DLC)Achievement Completion Percentage: 97.53% (Includes owned DLC) - 22 more achievements required to reach 98%3,075 posts
Last post: 22 May at 21:08
Posted on 27 June 13 at 06:35, Edited on 27 June 13 at 06:35 by MugenKairo
ChewieOnIce said:This hurts by brain. But in a sort of good way.Must have been the retro soundtrack combined with platforming nostalgia. :P Looks bizarre in a good way.
'We all make choices, but in the end those choices make us'
NawtyCawty
292,542
NawtyCawty
292,541 TrueAchievement Points3,295 posts
Last post: Today at 15:28
Posted on 27 June 13 at 13:03
Anavryn said:Looks...interesting? I'm presuming Laika is a reference to the first dog in space.And her skeleton is still floating around out there somewhere laugh
Bizarro Prime
59,157 TrueAchievement Points350 posts
Last post: 08 Feb at 10:09
Posted on 28 June 13 at 12:54
What the.... ?

Looks interesting but my question still stands.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.