Back when the pre-order bonuses
were announced for the Japanese version of Earth Defense Force 2025
, many western gamers were left wondering whether they would be able to get their hands on gold robots, pink laser cannons and blow-up maids. Fret no more; the pre-order bonuses have been announced for the upcoming title and gamers will not be missing out.
Gamers who pre-order the title at Gamestop
will receive the exclusive "Air Raider Weapons Pack":
• Pure Decoy Launcher (Setsu) — a weapon that distracts the enemy by discharging a large balloon that takes the shape of an attractive female, but the enemies will meet their fate when the balloon unexpectedly self destructs, destroying everything in its vicinity.
• The BMO3 Vegalta Gold — a limited edition, gold-coated model that will reflect radar waves and has a combat burner to throw flames. Players will also be able to take flight for short periods of time with it equipped.
If you can't pre-order at Gamestop or would rather specialise in a class other than an Air Raider, you'll perhaps want to pre-order elsewhere. The next three packs will be available for pre-order at currently undisclosed locations. If you don't want to pre-order the game, they will also be available as DLC at a later date.
The Fencer Weapons Pack
• Ifrit — A cannon that launches rockets that will separate and disperse over the sea. Each rocket is equipped with multiple incendiary bombs that will ignite upon contact, causing massive damage.
• Blood Storm — A powerful cannon that will separate midair and rain down on the enemy’s head and inflict damage on an entire area.
The Wing Diver Weapons Pack
• Reflectron Laser — A special laser that fires in two directions and can even shoot through narrow passageways. It’s an effective weapon with giant insects, as it can maximize range without obstruction.
• Gleipnir — This super weapon silently discharges balls of energy with the ability to launch continuous attacks. Only Wing Divers can use this weapon, as it requires the Psionic Link.
The Ranger Weapons Pack
• Volatile Napalm — A military grade discharge device that sets everything ablaze and damages the target and surrounding areas.
• Pure Decoy Launcher (Mian) — a weapon that distracts the enemy by discharging a large balloon that takes the shape of an attractive female, but the enemies will meet their fate when the balloon unexpectedly self destructs, destroying everything in its vicinity.
If you would like a preview of the pre-order bonuses in action, take a look at these screenshots
.Earth Defense 2025
is due to be released on the Xbox 360 in February 2014.