Over at the Sega forums, Administrator Clumsyorchid announced that he received mail regarding a promised patch for Aliens versus Predator
. (Spoilers: It's not good.)
I've just received a mail this AM regarding patches for the console versions of AvP and I regret to inform everyone that these have sadly been scrapped.
I had previously made a claim that these were coming and at the time, this was very much on the table. For the console community, I apologize, as I know there are many features and updates that you'd like to see. I'll keep fighting internally for this to happen, but until I hear otherwise, there will not be a console patch for either Xbox or PS3.
That is a real downer.
Curious what those cancelled promises were? Want more salt in the wound!? Good!
1. Fixed XP being incorrectly affected by offline play (though only in the local stats; this will be corrected next time you connect to multiplayer).
2. Fixed other players sometimes appearing to have the wrong weapon or continuing to fire indefinitely after dying.
3. Fixed rare issue where players would be temporarily invisible.
4. Enhanced control over skill-based matchmaking and tweaked logic to prevent a wide range of player “skills” causing no joinable matches to be found.
5. Fixed rare crash caused by grenade special FX.
6. Fixed the failure of a single client to join a game causing all other clients to be disconnected.
7. Improved team balancing logic and fixed some cases where it wouldn't be done at all.
8. Balanced Predator Smart Disc and Plasma Caster weapons.
9. Fixed clients not always being correctly notified that the game had ended.
10. Fixed the lobby timer not always displaying correctly on clients.
11. Fixed a Predator in multiplayer cancelling their lock-on causing lock-on to be cancelled for all Predators in the game.
12. Further matchmaking improvements
13. Changes to the flamethrower in multiplayer only to make it properly hit other players.
14. Added an alternate southpaw control map.
You see that list? You are getting NONE of it!
At least you don't have glitchy achievements with a promised patch months away... oh God! This scenario sounds vaguely familiar!