On November 25th, the new Clan Wars feature in Call of Duty: Ghosts
will be activated for players on both Xbox 360 and Xbox One. What is Clan Wars? Essentially it is an optional meta-game layered over the top of the current multiplayer system - there will be a "node map" containing 10 different areas, each corresponding to a game mode (i.e. Team Deathmatch or Domination, etc). Join up with your clan, and follow the directions of your clan leader, to take over as much of the map as possible by winning matches. Ideally your clan should have players versed in each of the varying game modes to round out the teams skills. In addition, players will be able to unlock in-game bonuses and equipment for your soldiers:
How does your clan get involved? Firstly, for the purposes of this metagame the clans that will be enrolled automatically must contain at least 3 players. The first clan war will last for one week, after which each will run for two weeks. At the start of each event, clans will be matched up to a group of seven other clans. Your clan will then be added to one of four divisions for the purposes of fair matchmaking. That is, very active clans should be put head to head with other very active clans, while more casual groups will play with other likewise teams. However, the system will reward active participation; inactive teams are unlikely to win the overall war!
If you live in a different time zone to the rest of your clan, don't worry - your individual contribution will count towards your clans efforts. This means you don't need to fret about timing events with other players over varying continents.
Winning nodes on the node map will reward the clan with tangible in-game benefits. These include XP multipliers for all players in the team for a specific mode, until an enemy team can steal the node for themselves. The rewards are global; for example, if your team has the Core TDM node on the nodemap, you can get the multiplier for all Core TDM modes in the game, including if you end up playing it as part of the Moshpit playlist. However, nothing is set in stone - the actual rewards will vary from node-to-node, as well as between Clan War events themselves.
Other in-game rewards include unlockable items to fight with. In the first upcoming clan war, the prize for winning the overall Clan War event is an exclusive Triad reticle for your gun. If you make it to the top 3, you also earn a new patch for you to display with pride. Again, these sorts of prizes will change per Clan War, so best get involved with all of them!
These Clan War events will also allow players to attempt to earn the red-accented Body Count armor, with individual pieces of it becoming obtainable gradually over multiple events. Play consistently to earn the full set; if your clan can get their full set, they will appear to be quite the elitist group of soldiers on the battlefield (and we all know it's about the prestige, after all). Best of all, if you leave your clan after obtaining this stuff, you get to take it with you, in recognition of your service. However, patches are owned by the clan - you can't take them with you.
This weekend is actually considered a placement weekend; you have a few more hours to get as good a score as possible online before you will be matched into your first war starting November 25th.
Now for some patch related news! Players of the Xbox 360 edition of Call of Duty: Ghosts
may notice that the game was updated a few days ago, with a variety of changes and fixes, as well as a new eSports oriented feature; details are as follows:
• #CODeSports option added, providing further MLG support; Contains a Broadcast mode and the ability to enable the latest MLG ruleset in both online Private Matches and System Link.
• Fixed issues with custom mode functionality if no save device was selected
• Fixed a rare crash when quitting out of an MP match while calling in a squad mate with a riot shield equipped.
• Fixed a rare private match stability issue, which was occurring when a playlist update was published.
• Fixed a crash which occurred when renaming a loadout as the match was starting.
• Fixed a crash when the host of a Wargame match could crash if they are pulled out of the match while in a 5 player party.
• Fixed an MP Siege rare crash on load.
• Numerous other MP in-game stability fixes.
• Fixed a rare crash on load.
• Further spawn logic improvements.
• Fixed a spawn exploit where players would always respawn at their team spawn within the first 15 seconds of a game, even if an enemy was nearby.
• Increased XP rewards slightly for Operations and early tier weapon challenges.
• Added leaderboard for Search and Destroy game mode.
• Numerous map exploit fixes in MP and Extinction.
• Numerous Anti-Cheat fixes.
• Fixed collision bugs on multiple maps.
• Care package stacking exploit fix.
• Increased Search and Destroy XP to give 10x XP instead of 5x XP.
• Fixed trinity rocket issue which left player in laptop if enemy ground jammer was called at the same moment
• No longer drop tags in search & rescue for suicide deaths
• Search and Destroy, now has its own online playlist.
• Fixed scoreboard navigation issue where you couldn’t go forward if the next player is dead
• Updates to entitlements now work
• Fixed 360 players friends list not updating when their friends online status changed
• Improved character models rendering, when viewing players with the Gryphon.
• Accuracy fix for the Preferred Weapon Stat on the Player Stats lobby page.
• Spectator movement improvements.
• Further support for the COD App.
• Clan tags no longer missing a bracket when viewed in-game.
• Fix for seeing empty player name when joining a game in progress.
• Reduced upwards velocity when performing a melee charge.
• ADS while moving in a remote turret is now allowed.
• Dog no longer twitches when player is too close.
• Ping for bots now returns a more accurate 0ms.
• Fixed a very rare issue where the left pistol could shoot two bullets instead of one.
• Vehicle explosions sometimes did not appear in killcams; fixed.
• Disable the create clan button when the service is unavailable.
• Added error popup to the Call of Duty Account button when the service is down.
• Added an error message on the Clan section of the Friends List when the service is down.
• When losing internet connection, then attempting to modify a loadout's perks, the game now returns you to the main menu.
• Balanced the Focus Perk's view-kick scale.
• Fixed bug where clan tag colors were not showing up on Clan Details page.
• Fixed an issue where mantling while going through a blitz portal would sometimes not teleport the players.
• Adding patch & background reward for Call of Duty Account Registration.
• In Extinction, fixed a rare issue where the alien wouldn’t retreat.
• Fixed an issue in Extinction when the hive chopper wouldn’t show up if
an attack chopper was bought during a very specific window of time.
• Multiple fixes for Recent History and My Modes lists.
• Fix for sometimes spawning from last stand without a weapon in hand in Extinction.
• Fix for a few last stand revive weapon bugs in Extinction.
• Added new MP spawn music.
• Fixed an issue with the ammo counter sometimes not showing up properly in safeguard.
• Fixed a rare issue where the Score/XP popup (i.e., +100) didn’t appear when killing a player in Squads Mode.
• Changing the leaderboard filter then scrolling would sometimes cause the user to be sent back to a previous menu screen, fixed.
• Fixed issue where a +2 MK32 launcher wouldn’t gain ammo when picking up team explosives
• We now show dog tags to spectators in Search and Rescue.
• Ensured the ratchet sound only plays when first entering the summary after a game.
• Replace generic unlock icon (head/helmet/uniform) with text description of item.
• Fixed a bug with shooting down a heli sniper with a gryphon.
• Riot shield assists challenge balancing.
• Fixed operation completion bonus to account for multi-tier operations rolling over.
• Improved UI messages to explain rewards.
• Added a "Track Operation" button helper text in the operation selection menu.
• Make it so the CoD Anywhere confirm button does not disappear when you back out of a field edit popup.
• Fix for mismatched player cards in extinction mode.
• Added thermal hybrid scope hint in extinction HUD.
• Fixed an issue where backing out of a certain error popup would cause the player to sit in a lobby that wouldn't fill up in Squad Assault.
• Fixed unlocalized text in the Extinction unlock screen for Extinction abilities.