Earlier this week we announced that we were supporting Xbox One achievement and challenge tracking
- in fact we were the first site to do so (even before xbox.com!).
While we tested the new code, we limited that functionality to TA Pro users
, but we have now opened it up to the whole site
, along with some additional features.
Here are the details:Challenges
- Challenges are separate from Achievements on Game pages - they have their own Challenges tab (see Dead Rising 3 Challenges
for an example)
- They do not count towards your completion or achievement stats, but they will appear on your Friend Feed and you can see which ones you have won on each game's challenge page
- You can compare challenges in games with other gamers (Comparing challenges in Killer Instinct
Some achievements now support progression. This means we can see how close you are to obtaining an achievement. For example, see my Forza 5 Achievements page
and check out the Level-related achievements. You'll see a green bar behind the achievement description, and an information icon that tells you the exact progression. Neat, huh?
Note: Support for achievement progression is a little flaky at the moment, which is why you don't see this on many achievements. However, we hope that more developers will utilize this on more achievements soon, as they get used to the systems available to them on the Xbox One.App Achievements
We are now also tracking Xbox One app achievements. These do not count towards any of your stats, but you can see when you unlocked them on the app pages. We are intending to have proper stats on these soon, but they will be kept apart from "normal" game stats.
And finally.....Microsoft Doff Their Cap to TrueAchievements
You may have noticed a few TA-inspired features that are now available on the Xbox One, and we're of course honoured that Microsoft has implemented so many ideas that our community originally came up with. But this in particular made us smile...
If you have an Xbox One,
1. Go to your dashboard
2. Click on Discover great apps and features
3. Click the fast forward button on the bottom right until you get a row of numbers on the screen
4. Select number 3
5. Listen for the cheeky TA plug!
Have a great weekend everyone!