Right from the off, Rockstar promised that players would eventually be able to create their very own content that will be playable in GTA Online
. A couple of days ago
, we detailed an update that is to come to the game which will be implementing this component. The creator tool is now available in-game so you can create gun fights and car-crashing mayhem to your heart's content.
To get started on the fun, simply access the creator from the Online tab of the pause menu. From there, you will be able to create something new or alter a previously created deathmatch or race. You will also be able to take part in a small tutorial to get your head around the new tool, which Rockstar highly recommends. The creator will let you mold matches for the Deathmatch, Team Deathmatch, Race, GTA Race and Rally Race modes. In the Deathmatch creator, you are free to set the weapon and armour locations as well as spawn points, and with the Race creator you can customise anything from the number of racers to even the size of the starting grid.
Please be aware that this tool is in the Beta stage, so (as previously mentioned) be sure to send Rockstar your feedback so that they can continue to improve this new tool in every way possible.
You can create free-for-all or team variant modes; find your Deathmatch location anywhere in Los Santos or Blaine county, then drop the Trigger Location, where players will meet up to play your Deathmatch. Control the pace of your custom match with gameplay options Team Start Points and Spawn Points. With the operational foundation laid, dig into a full suite of Weapons and Vehicle customization; all weapon and vehicle classes are at your disposal to place around your Deathmatch. You can also drop Props like containers and ramps, to create hot spots for gunfights, more cover, or maybe you just want a few Sanchez dirt bikes to go airborne in the middle of a gunfight.
Get started with a working knowledge of race creation by playing through the tutorial and building a land race. Once you've successfully published your first Land Race, both Sea and Air Races will be available for creation. In the Race Creator you can set the basics; Race Type (Race, GTA Race, Rally Race) and Route Type (Laps or Point to Point), number of players, starting grid size, vehicle class and more. Once you’ve set the basics, the full map becomes your racing paradise – take your land, air and sea races anywhere you want them to go. Add stunt jumps with custom cameras, create obstacles, and take your opponents on your dream (their hell) ride through Los Santos and Blaine County.
Add checkpoints to map out the route in created Races.
Once you've finished, you'll be prompted to test your Deathmatch or Race against computer controlled characters – completing a valid test before you publish your creation ensures your race is working perfectly, and will prevent you from publishing (or playing someone else’s) broken match. Published creations appear inside your GTA Online session and on the Social Club website (a linked Social Club account is required to use the Creator). We'll also be periodically reviewing the best community-created content to recognize and distinguish them as Rockstar Verified.
If you want to be given this highly-esteemed privilege, then be sure to capture a photo of your creation which will then be seen in-game as well as on the Social Club website.
Finally, the title update is also fixing a number of things for both Grand Theft Auto V
's story mode and GTA Online
. This large list details issues both big and small so that the experience is even better than before.
• Players are now able to sell vehicles that they have purchased from websites.
• Players are now able to run in apartments and garages.
• Reward for being a good sport has been increased from $1,000 to $2,000
• Fixed an issue where a character’s tattoos would disappear when encountering cutscenes.
• Corrected an issue where players could make their vehicles and passengers invisible.
• Sticky Bombs can no longer be thrown during the countdown for the starts of GTA Races.
• Resolved issues where players were having problems accessing their accounts.
• Corrected issues with Bounties.
• Fixed an issue where players were charged full price for ammo for Grenade Launchers even if they were only buying one Grenade.
• Fixed an issue where Grenades could be filled up to maximum during UGC GTA Races.
• Team Balancing has been improved, friends and Crew members are now grouped together and Rank is taken into consideration.
• Fixed an issue where if a player has banked all of their cash, they were only charged minimal amounts for dying.
• The Karin Futo can now be recovered normally after being impounded.
• Fixed an exploit where players were able to clone Tanks.
• Respawning has been improved to reduce the chance of repeatedly spawning in the same location.
• Cash rewards have been adjusted in Races, Deathmatches, and Parachuting to allow increases in pay-outs.
• There is now a 25% RP bonus at the end of Deathmatches, Missions, LTS, Survival, player kills, and AI kills when playing in Free Aim. This gives extra credit for completing actions with more skill.
• Until a Race has been verified, players cannot earn RP in UGC Races.
• Reduced the chance of being noticed by the Cops in stolen vehicles.
• Impromptu Races can no longer be launched when in certain jobs.
• Holdup Shopkeepers now have access to Ammu-Nation. You have been warned.
• Due to changes in Deathmatches (Weapon Locking), some objectives will no longer appear in this specific type of match.
• Weapon rewards (e.g. Shotgun in cop car) are blocked during weapon locked Deathmatches.
• During Weapon Locked Deathmatches, Ammo Drops will not contain Molotovs.
• Players who do not participate during Survivals can now be flagged as such by other players in the group and removed from the Survival.
• New icons added for differing types of personal vehicle.
• New awards added for the Creators.
• Players are given 1RP for every ‘like’ they receive for their creations in the Creators.
• Leaderboard functionality has been removed for any non-Rockstar content, i.e. no access to Social Club leaderboards in corona/end of mission, no best laps/personal bests, matched Crew for Head to Head etcetera.
• Passive Mode is now free ($0) to allow players more options when playing with friends.
This latest update for Grand Theft Auto V
and GTA Online
is now available. Looks like it's time to head back to San Andreas and get my tan on!