As the dust is slowly settling on the Xbox One launch, Bioware
has decided to reveal some new details and artwork on their upcoming title Dragon Age: Inquisition
. Previous screenshots
show that the game is looking brilliant. Meanwhile at Bioware, the game is currently in a "Holiday Build", which gives the team and other Bioware employees a chance to test out the game. These are some of the things that the team will get to experience while playing the "Holiday Build".
1. The main storyline completely playable from beginning to end: This allows the story to be experienced in an interactive state, and lets us get pacing and spacing right.
2. All of the gameplay systems working together: This means that you can experience the game as it is intended to be experienced, with each feature feeding into another.
3. Starting VO recording for large parts of the game (More on this later).
4. Getting music in (More on this later).
5. Making sure that each class has a distinctive feel: Making sure that the party is a necessary and exciting part of combat (More on this later).
6. Getting our tech locked down: For example, here is a tarnish shader going in.
7. Getting a lot more content a lot further along: Things like Trees:
Another thing they do is get an area and have the team critique it. This is an example as to how it's done.Dragon Age: Inquisition
will be slaying its way to Xbox 360 and Xbox One in Fall 2014. If you had a chance to suggest something to Bioware to make this the best Dragon Age
game ever, what would it be?