Let's start with the bad news. The Evil Within
, which was due to be released in August, has been pushed back until October. The delay is due to the team continuing to try to get The Evil Within
to the highest standard before it is released.
Shinji Mikami and his team at Tango Gameworks have asked for additional time to further balance and refine the game in order to deliver the polished, terrifying pure survival horror experience they set out to create
I'm sure the vast majority of you don't mind waiting a couple of months longer, especially if it means the game will benefit from it in the long run. Right, now for the good news. We've got screenshots, a new trailer, and a pre-order bonus for you. We'll start with the screenshots, where we get to see Sebastian in some of the situations he will encounter in the game.
Next up, we've got a trailer for you. If you were wondering just how scary The Evil Within
is, then this might give you a clue. There's real people trialling the game, so get ready to see some jumping, some shouting, and just a little bit of screaming.
Finally, there's an extra little pre-order incentive for you all. Any pre-orders of the game will include the "Fighting Chance" pack, which includes:
· Medical Kit – A vital health enhancement to enable Sebastian to fight on
· Green Gel – Used to upgrade Sebastian's attributes
· Double Barrel Shotgun and Three Shells - A larger and more formidable shotgun than the regular shotgun, it's useful for tight situations with multiple encroaching enemies
· An Incendiary Agony Bolt – Capable of showering nearby enemies with damaging fire sparks
· A Poison Agony Bolt – Will draw enemies towards it and poison them, allowing Sebastian time for a quick escape
Sounds pretty useful to me! The Evil Within
is now due for release in October 2014, for both Xbox One and Xbox 360.