Epic is not giving up on fixing their game. This is their third attempt at addressing multiplayer issues that have had gamers screaming at their TV for months.
Highlights for the upcoming update include:- A new levelling system which will abolish the TrueSkill rank completely. Info on the new system's 100 levels can be found at http://gearsforums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=658236
- Players can only be downed by smoke grenades for a maximum of 2 seconds
- The "Two-Piecing" outbreak with the shotgun is expect to be remedied by giving players a higher chance of dodging the shot after being meleed
- If the host quits, only the host will lose exp, not everyone
- Five new achievements will be added to the list for the DLC that is expected to arrive shortly after the update
- "Gameplays tweaks will also be made" and as well new glitches that have arisen will be taken care of
It sounds like another step in the right direction, but will it be enough to redeem a said "broken" multiplayer? I know I'm not the only one to notice more "stand-by'ing" in matches than Halo 2 had. At least we know they are trying though.