Due to the fact that Destiny
is a game that will only function while connected to an online server, we thought that it was only right that we told you about the upcoming maintenance that Bungie will be performing on their servers tomorrow.
From 8AM Pacific until Noon (or shortly after), the game's servers will be offline as they are prepared for a series of upcoming updates that the developer has planned for release over the next few weeks. These improvements may include:• Channels for talking to matchmade teammates, if you so wish
• Exotic weapons that are stronger and more interesting to upgrade
• New gear to let you slip into something a little more Legendary
• That which waits in The Dark Below
• New shaders for your gear
• Ways to preview items before you spend your Glimmer
• Greater chances of “showers” in public spaces
• Adjustments to some arenas that needed better traffic flow
• New economies to equip you with upgrade materials
• Fixes, patches, and other invisible technical evolutions
• Some other tricks up our sleeve
• Maybe even a more generous Cryptarch
Once the servers are back online, players will not need to download anything and will be able to jump straight back into the action. Unfortunately, Bungie is unable to give you anything for any possible withdrawal symptoms that you may experience during the outage.