343 Industries has certainly been no slouches when it comes to dealing with issues that have cropped up with Halo: The Master Chief Collection
. They've already released two patches
and now there is a third available, with an additional content balance also promised for early next week.
Here's exactly what this update has done:• Made a change to allow for matches to start once minimum player counts are met, allowing for faster matching times.
• Made an update to resolve issues that caused false matches to be created, which resulted in a variety of matchmaking issues, including slow matchmaking and bad session starts.
• Streamlined the process for maintaining party continuity through the matchmaking process.
• Made an update to the high-level matchmaking flow that will reset lobbies after each match. Moving forward, players and party leaders need to press "B" after the post-game-carnage report, and select a playlist for their next match. This flow is consistent with previous Halo titles.
• Improved user experience through removal of non-actionable error messages. This will allow for a more seamless matchmaking flow with less interruption and confusion.
• Improved the post-game experience to fix an issue that could result in a player getting sent to another player’s lobby, rather than returning to the matchmaking screen.
This patch will be available to download next time you launch Halo: The Master Chief Collection