Fans of the Devil May Cry
series are in for one hell of a massive treat courtesy of the series publisher Capcom. The team have announced a double-serving of DMC goodness that will be making its way to the Xbox One, as players will be able to get their hands on DmC: Devil May Cry: Definitive Edition
, which is being developed by Ninja Theory, and Devil May Cry 4 Special Edition
, which is being developed and published by Capcom themselves. DmC: Devil May Cry
for the Xbox 360 has been very well received by our community here at TrueAchievements so its announcement alone is more than likely pleasing enough as is. However, besides including the original game, the Definitive Edition will come packed with all previously released DLC as well as the "Vergil's Downfall
" DLC! On top of that, new modes and new gameplay features will be added to the game adding even more goodness to what's already looking like a very impressive package.
A new feature in the upcoming Definitive Edition will be the ability to play as Dante's twin brother in Vergil's Bloody Palace Mode. Not challenging enough? You can crank up the difficulty just a touch more by checking out another addition that is the Gods Must Die difficulty, Must Style Mode, and also Hardcore Mode, which has been "designed to play more like the classic Devil May Cry
series". Players will want their chosen warrior looking at his best when fighting and successfully conquering the tough challenges the Definitive Edition will present. How about dressing Dante or Vergil in one of the new costumes "inspired by classic Devil May Cry
character designs" that will add to the razor sharp graphics as the game runs at a shiny and impressive 1080p and 60 fps.
Capcom have also taken community feedback from their Xbox 360 DmC title and used it to improve the experience to come in their next-gen instalment:Balancing and improvements based on fan feedback from DmC Devil May Cry™ are being implemented into DmC Devil May Cry: Definitive Edition, as well as modifiers that can be turned on at various stages, including Turbo Mode which allows players to increase the speed of play for even faster, more intense combat. Additional leaderboards, trophies and achievements will be included, as well as social features, taking advantage of both PlayStation 4 and Xbox One functionality.
To add to all of this great news, a new trailer has also been released showcasing fast-paced, re-tuned gameplay in its high quality glory from DmC: Devil May Cry: Definitive Edition
. Check out the list of key features and details for the upcoming title followed by the announcement trailer:• Rebalanced, repolished gameplay - With nearly two years of user feedback, Ninja Theory and Capcom have made the gameplay tighter than ever, with bug fixes, rebalanced combat elements and enemy behavior, tweaks to the Style system, and even new gameplay settings such as a manual lock-on.
• All DLC from the last-gen version - Includes weapons, skins, items, and of course, the entire "Vergil's Downfall" campaign.
• Vergil's Bloody Palace - Vergil now gets his own set of sixty waves of fast-paced stylish action in this perennial favorite mode.
• Turbo Mode - Another series tradition, this mode speeds up all gameplay by 20%, for faster, more stylish combat than before.
• Hardcore Mode - This toggle-able setting offers a classic, hardcore challenge, affecting various aspects of the game such as Devil Trigger, AI, and the Style system.
• Gods Must Die difficulty level - Offering an insane challenge, this mode causes all enemies to deal 2.5x the usual damage, and spawn with Devil Trigger active. Plus: no items allowed!
• Must Style mode - This mode requires that players achieve an S style rank or higher in order to deal damage to enemies.
• New costumes celebrating the Devil May Cry legacy.
• And more!
No details have been announced yet for Devil May Cry 4: Special Edition
but as per usual, we will keep you guys covered with the good stuff as and when more info is revealed. However, we do have a new logo to check out from the upcoming Special Edition of the title:DmC: Devil May Cry: Definitive Edition
will be releasing on disc and as a digital download in North America and Europe for the Xbox One on March 17th 2015 with a price tag of $39.99 / €39.99. Devil May Cry 4: Special Edition
will make its way to the Xbox One in "2015".
Thanks to the members of the community who sent this news in!