Towards the end of last year, Devil May Cry 4 Special Edition
got just a glimpse of the spotlight when Capcom announced
this special edition alongside DmC: Devil May Cry: Definitive Edition
. Now, we are fully focused on DmC 4 itself as we have a plenty of details, screens, artwork, and also a new trailer to check out too.
The special edition of 2008's Devil May Cry 4
will include the same style and unique action that came in the original release. The new edition will also add Legendary Dark Knight Mode, improvements on gameplay, and the addition of three new playable characters as well as the usual and expected appearance of the game's well-known characters Nero and Dante. Five playable characters in one DmC game?! Yes, that's right, and this is something that's never been seen before in a DmC title. The fine selection of playable characters means players will be able to take the slaughter to enemies in many more stylish ways as they rack up ridiculous combo counts, and make popping achievements look easy.Dante
The story of DmC 4 follows Nero, "a young knight from the Order of the Sword". The group he is part of is tasked with destroying all demons. Dante, a mysterious assassin, is Nero's next target after he slaughtered the head of the Order of the Sword. As you can imagine, Nero's search for Dante is not as straight-forward as he would like it to be as demons begin to appear in the city and do all they can to slow down Nero's search. Once Nero meets Dante, all is not what it seems as Nero discovers "the motives behind Dante’s appearance and the truth behind the intentions of the Order of the Sword".
Here's the featured content set to be included with the upcoming Special Edition:• Critically acclaimed action tailored for next-gen – The game now supports a 1080p resolution with striking
high-res textures, while retaining the original title’s smooth 60fps on next-gen consoles.
• Largest roster of playable characters to date – In addition to the return of Nero and Dante, now Vergil, Trish and Lady are playable with each of their own distinctly different playstyles.
• Vergil – Based on his rendition in Devil May Cry 3 Special Edition, combined with elements of his playstyle from DmC Devil May Cry, this is the definitive version of the character. New combat mechanics are also introduced that complement his icy attitude and flawless style. Vergil is playable on any mission.
• Lady – Playable for the first time in the series, Lady specializes in long-range, firearm-based combat. Her signature weapon, the Kalina Ann, features a grappling hook which allows her to easily traverse environments. Lady is playable on Nero’s missions.
• Trish – Trish does away with the need for weapon switching, making skillful use of the versatile Sparda sword, her pistols, and her bare hands in a variety of inventive ways. Trish is playable on Dante’s missions.
• Legendary Dark Knight Mode – Take on the challenge of fighting hordes of enemies all at once, putting their combat skills to the ultimate test. In this mode, enemies spawn in greater numbers and with more strength and vitality, allowing players more time to execute longer, more exciting combos.
• Rebalanced combat system – Changes have been made to improve the game tempo and gameplay balance.
• Bonus costumes – New costumes and skins have been added and are designed to be completely compatible with in-game cutscenes, bringing a fresh new look to the campaign.
You've seen all of the artwork, now let's take a look at the screens that showcase the frantic action to come within the demon-filled city of DmC 4:
Lastly, the announcement comes topped off with the announcement trailer that continues to showcase the explosive and challenging fighting to come:
The Special Edition of Devil May Cry 4
is scheduled to release digitally this Summer on the Xbox One.