The ferocity of war inevitably leads to the destruction of towns, cities, and landscapes that are caught in the crossfire. Wargaming is focusing on this reality in World of Tanks
' Update 1.9 with the introduction of "war variant maps."
Familiar battlefields such as Airfield, Ensk, Fisherman's Field, and Siegfried Line will be torn apart to represent previous battles that ravaged the area. The new atmosphere is comprised of bombed-out buildings and disheveled terrain, while the streets and fields are littered with abandoned vehicles and emplacements from previous encounters. These obstacles will serve as roadblocks to players, so familiar strategies will have to adapt to the situation. The original versions of the four maps will also remain in the normal rotation.
Check out some of the pictures below for a look at the war-torn maps:
Nine new Achievements will also become available alongside the release of Update 1.9. Wargaming has revealed
the list, so you might as well get acquainted with them ahead of time:- Friends and Enemies: While in a Platoon, destroy an enemy tank that is also in a Platoon
- It Burns!: Set two enemy vehicles on fire within a single match
- Fire on Command: Destroy an enemy vehicle within 30 seconds of another team mate requesting fire on the enemy
- Right Where I Want You: Immobilize 100 enemy vehicles by destroying their tracks
- Japanese Connoisseur: Destroy five enemy vehicles of any nation with five different Japanese tanks
- FTW!: Kill the last enemy alive or capture the flag for the win a total of five times
- Invader: Capture the maximum number of points from the enemy base, but not less than 80, a total of three times
- Defender: Reduce the amount of enemy capture points of a friendly base by 70 or more a total of three times
- Hero of the Day: Earn 20 or more ribbons in a single battle. (Excludes the "Enemy Damaged!" ribbon)
Update 1.9 is said to be coming "soon," although no definitive release date is available.
Thanks to the members of the community who sent this in!