After a short chat with Brazilian legend Pelé, it was time for EA to showcase the latest iteration in their annual soccer franchise, FIFA 16
David Rutter, Executive Producer for the title, explained how EA will be bringing innovations across the pitch from box to box. Starting with confidence in defence, building control in midfield and delivering incisive, defence-splitting passes will all become part and parcel of the recreating the beautiful game. The upcoming title will also be aimed at showing everyone, from newbies to veterans, how they can improve their play and "compete at a higher level" with the help of the FIFA
The quote below outlines exact what EA's vision for FIFA 16
entails:Confidence in Defending
Defenders and attackers are balanced, creating a realistic and enjoyable experience when trying to regain possession of the ball.
· Defensive Agility brings balance in movement between attackers and defenders, driven by more than 25 gameplay feature changes to defender locomotion.
· Defend as a Unit injects intelligence and positional-awareness into players so they can better decide between marking an opponent and covering dangerous space.
· New Tackling Fundamentals offers new behaviors like fake and standing tackles, as well as full-body challenges and the ability to bridge out of sliding tackles when caught out of position.
Control in Midfield
In midfield, two game-changing features make the battle in the middle of the pitch as important as it is in real football.
· Interception Intelligence gives players the smarts to close passing channels and shutting down options.
· Passing with Purpose offers a new driven pass to play sharp, incisive passes so you can find teammates with precision.
Moments of Magic
FIFA 16 gives fans the tools they need to create thrilling moments in attack.
· No Touch Dribbling gives players the option to let the ball run to buy time, create separation, feint, and blow by the defender in the final third. A feature inspired by the motion capture of Lionel Messi, it changes the way players attack.
· Clinical Finishing provides variety in shooting and more exciting goals than ever before.
The development team are once again introducing new ways to play, and the developments are no more profound than the introduction of womens' teams
in the franchise for the first time ever after years of facial recognition and movement tracking to do the womens' game the justice it deserves.FIFA 16
is set to kick off from September 25th, 2015 on both Xbox One and Xbox 360.