A new patch has been released to fix up many different issues for Turtle Rock Studios Evolve
. "Hunting Season 2" is well underway and hopefully Patch 4.0 will keep the hunting running smoothly and problem-free. The patch fixes many issues including matchmaking, joining games, crashing issues, and a whole lot more. Check out the pretty extensive list to see exactly what has been changed:New Features
• New assault character Lennox
Improved the quality of Matchmaking on the XB1.
• Fixed a case where users were unable to accept invites after leaving a game lobby.
• Fixed not having a sign-in prompt after getting signed out while loading into a multiplayer game.
• Title will crash when searching for a match from multiplayer.
• Fixed issue where User is not taken to lobby when accepting an invite from startup screen.
• Fixed issue where the host leaves the match on the Character Select Screen but other players can still see them in the match.
• Host of 5 person Custom match unable to start the game issue. “outofsync”
• Players are unable to find each other when searching Evacuation.
• Fixed a low frame rate issue that could occur when there was a full lobby in an online match.
• Fixed players appearing to still be in a match after they had been disconnected from a server.
• Fixed title crashing to home when user accepts a game invitation during single player Evacuation.
• Fixed an issue where joining a game didn’t display the other player’s gamertag.
• Fixed an issue where users would get a “Connection to host failed” error when going into multiplayer.
• Fixed an issue where users were unable to join in progress from the “Press A to Start” screen.
• Fixed an issue that allowed 2 users to start into a match on their own after searching.
• Fixed a crash that could occur when trying to join on a friend from the XBox Dashboard.
• Fixed a crash that could occur when 2 users that were going to connect while searching Skirmish.
• Fixed a matchmaking issue where a party of 4 were unable to find a game.
• Fixed an issue where clients would get disconnected when a host quits the game from the dashboard.
• Fixed a failed search condition that could happen if the user had already cancelled and restarted searching.
• Fixed an issue where players were unable to find each other in evacuation PvP.
• Fixed transition to lobby potentially causing players to disconnect.
• Fixed issue where canceling into Skirmish lobby would cause disconnect.
• Fixed issue where leaving Multiplayer & re-entering would break UI.
• Fixed issue when you get error “Failed to Connect Product Ownership authentication failed.” while joining friends in multiplayer.
• Fixed issue regarding “Connection to host failed.” when attempting to hot join a full match.
• Fixed users not falling back to the lobby if everyone else left the game.
• Fixed an issues that caused players searching in a particular mode to be match made into a different game mode.
• Fixed an issue that caused users to get disconnected while loading into matches.
• Fixed an issue where a lobby could show a map loading screen when it should just be a lobby screen.
• Fixed an issue where if round robin was disabled, clients would continuously be brought back into team selection after a monster left.
• Remixed a number of audio file to have a more consistent volume across the board
• Fixed a problem where a sound effect was being played twice when the awards first appear during the Round Summary.
• Fixed a problem where muting someone that is taking a break from the Player Options screen would fail.
• Fixed a lot of pre-round sounds that were missing for button highlights, selections and backing out of the various panels.
• Fixed issues with long pauses between VO dialog in the dropship.
• Fixed jetpack audio issues not being tied to the actual position of the player.
• Fixed up some VO conversations playing at inappropriate times.
• Fixed some Campaign effect dropship banter playing for the wrong effect.
• Fixed incorrect dropship banter playing during campaign.
• Fixed a crash that would happen during a streaming installation.
• Fixed a crash that would occur in sleep mode.
• Fixed a crash that could happen when signing out while loading into the character select of arena mode.
• Added an option to hide awards from popping up in the corner through the Options Menu.
• Fixed an issue with negative global averages.
• Fixed an issue with the distance values that were not showing up when viewing allies beyond 60 meters.
• Fixed the “Take over bot” UI so that it properly appears when late joining as the monster.
• Fixed a problem where the monster player could open the minimap while the ability selection UI was open, which would cause the minimap to appear underneath it.
• Fixed a problem where the replay event log would stay open when transitioning to the Team Selection screen.
• Fixed a UI issue that would cause purchased characters to appear locked when they should be unlocked.
• Fixed a UI issue related to news ticker transitions.
• Fixed a problem in the Round Summary where skipping through the level up banner animation would cause undefined values to appear in the award screen.
• Fixed issues with undefined text appearing in the round summary screen.
• Fixed various issues with incorrect information being displayed after hitting max level.
• Fixed UI issue when unlocking multiple items during the round summary.
• Fixed some problems with the Round Summary trying to play multiple instances of the same sound.
• Fixed issues that were causing bot characters to not show up in the pre-round screen.
• Fixed issues where colors of class labels could appear incorrect.
• Fixed multiple issues in pre-round where disabling the perks via the custom game options would cause missing or incorrect characters to appear when backing out from the ready pane.
• Fixed a problem where a few warning dialogs in pre-round could persist to the loading screen so they would overlap tutorial videos potentially.
• Fixed an issue where the monster would join the match as invisible and without abilities or health when hot joining a party host while on the character select screen of a multiplayer match.
• Fixed resolution problem resulting in blurry screen.
• Fixed a number of particle rendering issues
• Fixed a black screen that could appear when loading into the character select screen.
• Fixed an issue where textures could become offset in the pre-round screen.
• Added separate game option for Elite Wildlife in Arena Mode.
• Added VO when sudden death begins.
• Arena Mode Sole Survivor will trigger 2 minutes until a battle draw.
• Fixed an issue where the audio would abruptly cut out and the end of a match.
• Fixed Arena Mode battle draw timer not showing up.
• Fixed camera not working properly for an observer if you restarted the server.
• Fixed seeing remote players running in place during the freeze time in Arena Mode.
• Fixed a bug with traversal abilities possibly not working in Arena Mode.
• Fixed achievements not working properly in Arena Mode.
• Fixed edge case where the draw timer would appear early if sudden death was triggered.
• Fixed a problem where late joining an Arena match would cause the late joiner to be stuck on the loading screen forever.
• Fixed minimap visibility problems during arena mode.
• Fixed an issues that was causing the sudden death timer to not work properly in some situations.
• Fixed an issue where parts of the UI would overlap with the “Please Wait…” spinner.
• Fixed a crash that might occur when playing consecutive rounds of Arena.
• Fixed an issue that could allow the monster to knock hunters outside the arena.
• Fixed an arena on Barracks that could result in an immediate win for the hunters.
• Fixed an issue that caused the monster to not get a replay screen after the post round screen.
• Fixed an issue with take a break prompt displaying when entering a new Arena match.
• Fixed issues that led to the ability selection UI not opening properly for the monster in Arena mode.
• Added observer HUD input functionality that allows changing the spectator target using the bumpers on the controller.
• Added functionality that allows the bumpers and the up/down directions to allow the user to change the spectator target even while the HUD is hidden.
• Fixed Observer HUD hint visibility fixes.
• Fixed a problem where the screen would be black if you joined late as an observer.
• Fixed a problem where a late joining observer would see a round summary timeline that starts at 0% instead of • Fixed a problem that was causing the observer HUD input to ignore the left thumbstick when playing with a fresh 100% along with overlapping text.
• Various fixes were included that affected AI pathing, collision, textures, map exploits, gameplay adjustments, minimap updates, climbable surfaces, graphical occlusion, lighting, and performance improvements to the following maps - Orbital Drill, Broken Hill Mine, Broken Hill Foundry, Weather Control, Barracks, MedLab, Refueling Tower, Aviary, The Dam, Fusion Plant, Barracks,
• Adjustments to Dome positions for Arena mode: MedLab, Refueling Tower, Fusion Plant, Broken Hill Mine, The Dam, Orbital Drill, Broken Hill Foundry, Weather Control
• Fixes to various campaign effects.
• AI Hunters improved behavior when hunting the monster.
• AI Hunters will now follow Daisy when there is no human controlled Hunter.
• AI Hunters have been adjusted to better help incapped Hunters.
• AI Hunters now attack Monsters after staging up and standing still.
• AI Hunters will now target Banshee Mines.
• Fixed an issue where AI would try to plant items in bad spots.
• Adjusted knockback state velocity to work more appropriately with different angled forces.
• Arc Mine should now be visible in hand while in third person.
• AI will now plant sound sensor in Arena mode.
• Made the accuracy lines visible when using Crow's Long Rifle.
• AI Crow will stop using stasis gun when teammate is pounced.
• Stasis Gun has the proper aim assist settings.
• Fixed Stasis Grenade mastery not working.
• Fixed an AI issue where Slim would continually send out the healing drone.
• If Slim gets incapped while aiming healing drone, he will no longer automatically fire it upon being picked up.
• Fixed a minor bug with selecting the healing drone by scrolling on the mouse wheel.
• AI will not use her jetpack booster on a teammate that is being pounced.
• AI jetpack booster boosts dodge less.
• Fixed Equal Opportunity Achievement not checking.
• Fixed Sunny’s expert and elite mastery not working on jetpack boost.
• Fixed Jetpack UI issue to properly display how much of her energy is being used.
• Fixed an issue where the shield drone could make sunny invulnerable.
• AI will use cloak more often.
• AI Monster will no longer focus on the shield drone while it is deploying.
• AI Monster improvements when playing in Arena Mode.
• AI will be unable to path to or attack Hunters when on top of a large silo in the Caustic Siphon section of Arena Mode.
• Fixed multiple cases where the “You are Slowed” message was not showing at the proper time when stasis grenades were affecting the monster.
• Now attack the Trapper when camping on top of trees with the Mobile Arena active during Defend or Nest gameplay.
• Fixed issue where Goliath Heavy Lunge attack would fall short of target.
• Fixed issue where Goliath could move super fast when spamming melee attacks
• Abilities will no longer keep Kraken in the air when under the effects of a tranquilizer, stasis, or harpoon.
• Traversal stamina takes 3 seconds longer to fully recharge from empty when in combat.
• Adjustments to AI flight behavior.
• Banshee Mines now have a .5 second delay before they can hone in on a target.
• AI improvements to traversal decision making.
• Fixed issue where effects can get left behind by rock prison.
• Fixed various issues with fissure disappearing, going the wrong direction, and being generally unreliable.
• Fixed an AI issue where Behemoth had difficulty targeting hunters on different elevations.
The patch is live for Evolve
and if you haven't downloaded it already, you'll be prompted to do so the next time you start the game up.