Mojang, the well-known developer behind the Minecraft
series, is looking to take the gaming world by storm again with the announcement of Minecraft: Windows 10 Edition Beta
. The "Beta" part of the title is intentional as the title is "not quite finished". The team will be developing the title and evolving the Windows 10 version after its release with the aid of feedback from the community. Just like with Minecraft: Xbox 360 Edition
and Minecraft: Xbox One Edition
, all updates to improve the new version will be free.
Check out this list of cool features to be included in the upcoming version of Minecraft
:• Craft, create, and explore online with up to seven friends playing Windows 10 Edition Beta, through local multiplayer or with your Xbox Live friends online.
• Play online and local multiplayer with other Pocket Edition players thanks to a free update, due to arrive soon after launch.
• Support for multiple inputs - switch between controller, touch, and keyboard controls with little to no effort
• Record and share gameplay highlights with built-in GameDVR.
• Help shape the future of Minecraft: Windows 10 Edition Beta with built-in player feedback mechanisms
• Chickens, zombies, pigs, boats, armed skeletons, potatoes, zombies, baby squids, enchantment tables, villagers, naked sheep, iron golems, potions, ghasts, pickaxes, carrots, and all the weird and wonderful goodness you’ve come to expect from Minecraft
The Minecraft: Windows 10 Edition Beta
will be available for eager players to download in the Window 10 Store when the new platform becomes available on July 29th, 2015. The title will be priced at $10 (or regional equivalent) and this will be a discounted price during the beta period, in which the time frame of this period is yet to be finalized. Players who already own the PC version of Minecraft
will be able to download the Windows version for free. Gamers who download the title in its beta form will still have the game once it comes out of beta.