The upcoming Starpoint Gemini 2
from game developer Little Green Men is already a multiple award winning title on PC with over 2000 positive comments received via Steam. The title will be making its way to Xbox One and has been showcased by the team at the recent Gamescom event.
The open world action space-sim will require well planned tactics as players will pilot various space ships of shapes and sizes through the huge and open Gemini star system. As players explore, trade, research and fight within this endless universe, they will not find the flow of the game hampered by loading points for different sections of the universe thanks to the "implemented streaming technology". Battles will be made much easier after players gain experience and upgrade their skills.
Here's a breakdown of the main features to come in the game:• Explore the entire game world as a whole, rather than individual "cut-out" maps.
• Continuous universe divided into regions that provide special visual and gameplay experience.
• Dynamic real-time combat.
• Complex, but easy-to-use RPG system (skills, perks, achievements).
• Use T-Gates, wormholes and Riftways to travel around the system faster.
• Fifty diverse factions ranging from states and companies to outlaws, locked in a power-struggle.
• Direct ship controls in full 3D environment create complete immersion.
• Large arsenal of destructive weapons for blasting enemies to pieces.
• Random missions generated depending on your actions and allegiances.
• Over 100 commodities to trade or plunder.
• User-friendly interface centered on context menus.
• Over 50 unique ships fully upgradeable with various ship systems and equipment.
• Special licenses acquired from factions offer various bonuses and unlock new options.
• Hire mercenary captains to follow you in your travels and share your fate.
• Employ officers to fill key positions on your ship (engineering, navigation, tactical).
• Visible turrets reflect how you upgrade your ship.
• Advanced physics provided by NVIDIA PhysX technology.
The Xbox One version of the game will also include:
• The entirely re-modelled HUD system, both in functionality and visual appearance.
• Re-designed camera system prepared with Xbox One controller in mind.
• Optimization and performance improvements.
The new screens that have been released showcase plenty of variety to come including some of the ships players will be piloting, different worlds, different menus, and even a pretty female space adventurer:Starpoint Gemini 2
comes to the Xbox One in Q4 2015.