The October 30th release date for the DLC only applies to the Steam release. The release date for consoles is still undecided.Original Story:
A new DLC expansion for Nicalis' well-received ID@Xbox title The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth
has been announced, detailed and dated for release in a new teaser video. The "Afterbirth" expansion promises another 100+ hours of gameplay with a very healthy number of extra features, including Greed Mode, Daily Runs, new challenges, new rooms, new items, new bosses, new enemies, more achievements, and a whole lot more. Check out the full list of upcoming features followed by the teaser trailer for the DLC. • Greed Mode: a whole new game mode with a heavy focus on risk/reward that is a completely new way to play that features new endings and a final boss.
• Expanded main game: a new final area has been added to the main game along with another new final boss and ending.
• Daily Runs: compete for highscore / best time on the leader boards in these daily seeded runs.
• 10 totally new and awesome challanges
• 1000+ new rooms, as well as new tiny rooms, closets and giant arching hallways.
• Totally new playable character, Lilith, mother of demons.
• 120 new items! not counting tons of new pickups, chests, pills, bombs, cards etc. taking the item count up beyond 525!
• 4 new alternate chapters with new chapter specific enemy types visual themes and surprises.
• New seed code combo page, as well as a butt ton of new seed codes that mod the game.
• Expanded soundtrack!
• New room types like, trap rooms, double treasure rooms and ultra rare closets!
• Greatly expanded and updated HUD system
• Tons of new secret transformations
• 8 new bosses
• 25+ new enemies
• Updated weapon combo system
• Far too many new achievements
• 20 million new co-op babies
The "Afterbirth" DLC expansion for The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth
will release on the Xbox One on October 30th. A price is still yet to be announced.