If there is a theme that unites people, it is that few people can resist a free game. Game Troopers will be testing your resilience to the limit this weekend by offering a selection of their titles for free over the weekend. From now until Monday, one title will be available for free each day. Here is the schedule:THURSDAY and FRIDAYAbyss (WP)
- FREEIn Abyss you will control Nep2no, a biomechanical robot created by humans to explore the depths of the ocean in seek of a new source of energy called “Gaia”.
Abyss is a dark exploration through submarine caves and dangerous ocean trenches. Guide the brave Nep2no in his mission through mysterious grottos, discover forbidden depths, unfold secret passages, and gather all the Gaia to save humanity.
A fantastic rework of the console classic, only for Windows.
XBOX LIVE GAME
Unlock up to 20 Xbox Live achievements for a total of 200G.
Beat your friends and compare your progress through our Leaderboards system.
Use your left thumb to rotate and your right thumb to accelerate. Easy to use, hard to master, that’s all there is to it. Will you be able to handle Nep2no and save humanity?
Abyss is a dark, hard game. Both punishing and rewarding; it will make you sweat while trying to avoid all kinds of traps, rifts, spikes, and deadly submarine tunnels; but in the end you will earn the right to say: YES, I DID IT!
IMMORTALIZE YOUR MOMENTS
The game takes pictures of the most memorable moments of your adventures in the depths of the Abyss. Get ready to share your records with your friends in 1 tap after every play! Watch Nep2no crossing the goal, opening a complex mechanism, or maybe being crushed under a huge submarine rock!SATURDAY ONLYLines The Game (WP)
- FREELines is an abstract ‘zen’ game experience where form is just as important as function. Place or remove dots to initiate a colourful race that fills a drawing. The colour that dominates the race wins. Lines is the perfect game to play while commuting or in other short moments of downtime. Play a single session in a matter of seconds or find yourself making a winning streak of 20 games in a row! Developed by Gamious.
• Play a staggering amount of 250 unique puzzle levels. All randomized every time you play them again.
• 5 game modes: Point, Eraser, Rope, Knife, and Mix mode.
• Win a level several times in a row to set a winning streak and earn medals.
• Play under pressure in the Daily Challenge, in which you only get one chance!
EARN IN-GAME ACHIEVEMENTS
Earn 20 in-game XBOX achievements to prove your awesomeness.SUNDAY ONLYBriquid Mini (WP)
- FREEBREAK. BUILD. SOLVE.
Break bricks, build new ones and solve 100 unique and challenging levels in this amazing puzzle game. Some puzzles will take minutes to solve, others will take hours. Solve all 100 levels and then challenge the Gamious team and beat their score! Sounds easy? Thousands of players all over the world don't think so (anymore). Earn in-game XBOX achievements to prove your awesomeness.
MONDAY ONLYThe Last Door
(Win 8 and WP) - $2.99/£2.49
- FREE Feel what it's truly like to be alone in the dark with this low-res, high-suspense point-and-click horror adventure, winner of multiple Best Games of the Year awards. Set in Victorian England, when Jeremiah Devitt receives a letter from his old schoolmate Anthony Beechworth with a hidden, cryptic message, he knows something is wrong. His journey to an abandoned manor is only the beginning as he starts to remember a long-buried secret from his youth, discovering things man was not meant to know, and opening doors that should have remained closed… The Last Door: Collector’s Edition contains four terrifying episodes of occult and otherworldly horror inviting you to investigate Victorian England's deepest, darkest secret. Featuring new scenes and puzzles, enhanced graphics, unlockable bonuses, and remastered sound. Explore ancient manors, decaying tenements, and twisting underground warrens with little but a lamp and magnifying glass to guide you. Dare you open The Last Door: Collector's Edition?