505 Games, well-known publishers of many Xbox titles including the likes of Brothers - A Tale of Two Sons (Xbox 360)
, Defense Grid 2
, Payday 2
and a hell of a lot more, have teamed up with Re-Logic, creators of the mentioned Terraria
, and indie developer Quadro Delta, to bring Xbox One players a new side-scrolling, 2D real time strategy/sandbox/simulation game - Pixel Piracy
Players will take to the high seas and lead the life of a pirate captain. Tasked with recruiting a crew, donning the perfect outfit, and customizing a ship, adventurers will set sail on the open seas and use "any combination of aggression and trade to become the most infamous pirate crew of the seven seas". Choose to assault and mow-down everything and everyone who gets in your way to get what you want, or trade with other players for profit or better goods. Be careful as you set out though, as the danger of death can be anywhere and everywhere.
Here's more details on the main features of the game including information on ship building, the open world, RPG management and more:• Hire Your Own Crew – Carefully choose the best sailors and swashbucklers you can afford. Equip them with weapons, armor and special items. Upgrade and specialize them through experience, increasing their stats and teaching them new skills.
• Build Your Own Ship – Customize and upgrade your ship however you want. Utilize masts and sails for extra speed, cannons and guns for combat, entertainment and food, training gear and decorations.
• Random Generated Open World – The game plays differently every time you start it – a vast over-world map full of danger, loot, and people to prey on awaits you!
• Pirate RPG Management System – A comprehensive loot system that offers upgrade-able weapons and special and secret loot to deck out your sailors.
• Plunder and Fighting – The basis of every Pirate’s breakfast! Board enemy ships on sea or search islands looking for hidden treasures and fugitives.
• Console Control System – Specifically built out to give the optimum Pixel Piracy experience.
• Updates – console version contains all the major updates made to the PC version since launch, including a new tutorial to ease you into the world of piracy, a completely restructured skill tree, revamped RPG stat system, overhauled AI, fully integrated weather system and a ton of new weapons, items, skills, and bounties. Also contains all new pirate user interface, captain behavior, and character customization.
A fair share of screenshots has also been released showcasing the ship, different menus, pirates, maps, and plenty more. Some of the screens are PS4 specific and some are Xbox One specific in terms of button logos, but the general feel of the visuals remains the same.
Lastly, the newly released announcement trailer continues to showcase it's endless waves of fun to be had:
will be available for $14.99 or regional equivalent on the Xbox One in February 2016.