During Madrid Games week back in October, BadLand Indie revealed that they would be bringing
Dreadlocks Ltd's Dex
As a refresher, Dex
follows an AI of the same name on her quest to reach the "Singularity", a "theoretical “event horizon” in which artificial intelligence will surpass human intelligence." This task will not be easy as she is pursued by mercs for reasons unknown to her. Thankfully, three hacktivists, Raycast, Decker, and Tony, are around to assist her throughout the open world adventure.
The most recent news from the title brings us not only more details, but a handful of new screens as well:· Rare melding of realism and creative vision: Realistic action, mature storyline, and complex character interactions meld with hand-drawn characters, animations, and locations, arcade-style melee combat, and an original conception of cyberspace.
· Multiple solutions to problems: Operate in cyberspace or normal reality. Overcome obstacles using skills, weapons, special equipment…
· Meaningful character progression choices: Will you be a silent assassin, a hacker, or a straightforward gunfighter? Improve your character and gear to unlock gameplay-changing upgrades that reinforce and customize your gameplay style.
· Unique hacking mechanic: Transfer your consciousness to your avatar, overcome intrusion countermeasures, take action, and then return back to your body in a fraction of a real-time second to see the results – deactivated turrets, overloaded devices, enemies with crippled implants…
· Neo-cyberpunk: Story deeply inspired by the cyberpunk novels of William Gibson and other classical cyberpunk authors, flavored with a contemporary concept of augmented reality.
· Rich game world and mindful level design: Visit diverse locations in Harbor Prime, a futuristic city complete with luxurious skyscrapers, run-down shantytowns, and seedy red-light districts. Take part in street brawls, steal corporate data, overcome environmental hazards, and, of course, stay alive – no easy task.
· Full voice acting: Interactive dialogues using hand-drawn sprite animations, fully voice-acted by professional actors.Dex
is currently scheduled for digital release in the first quarter of 2016 on Xbox One.