When Mojang's Minecraft: Windows 10 Edition Beta
last received an update
, it was headlined by the addition of the redstone material to the game. Now that players have had several months with the feature, it's come time to add even more gameplay elements, all of which will be made available via the upcoming Overworld Update.
With the Overworld Update, more advanced contraptions, such as "comparators, repeaters, dispensers, droppers, hoppers, trapped chests and various additional Minecart types" will all now be available, giving players an even wider array of items to invent. Witches and witch hut will also be added and will contain cauldrons within. Cauldrons are cool for a couple reasons - first, they'll be filled with a randomly generate potion that can be grabbed if you're feeling adventurous, and second, they can be used to dye armor into whatever color you're feeling like wearing that day.
Any cool loot items can now be displayed in frames (if you want to show them off) and various other gameplay elements are being added as well, such as "slime blocks, wearable pumpkins, red sandstone as well as improved chicken jockey mobs". Another major addition with the update is the ability to import and export maps, so sharing with your friends will be easier than ever.
Finally, the Overworld Update will also include eight new achievements worth a total of 170G:Camouflage
– Kill a mob while wearing the same type of mob head.Dispense With This
– Construct a dispenser.Tie Dye Outfit
– Dye all 4 unique pieces of leather armor.Map Room
– Place 9 fully explored, adjacent maps into 9 item frames in a 3 by 3 square.Trampoline Bounce
– 30 blocks upward off of a slime block.Freight Station
– Use a Hopper to move an item from a Chest Minecart to a Chest.Smelt Everything!
– Connect 3 Chests to a single Furnace using 3 Hoppers.Taste of Your Own Medicine
– Poison a witch with a splash potion.
Minecraft: Windows 10 Edition
will be updated by the end of the month.