Square Enix, the much loved team behind the Final Fantasy
series, unleashed a mass amount of details for the upcoming installment, Final Fantasy XV
. The team took to the Shrine Auditorium in Hollywood, California and hosted a star-studded "UNCOVERED: FINAL FANTASY XV" event where they announced plenty of fresh info regarding the upcoming game and a series of large-scale projects for the FFXV universe too.
First up, the Platinum Demo:
The Platinum Demo for FFXV is free to download and will see players diving into a dreamscape of Noctis when he was a young child. The storyline included is unique to the demo and won't be available in the final version of the highly anticipated game. Taking control of Noctis, players will get familiar with different weapons and magic skills and also get to test their driving abilities. Carbuncle will be Noctis' magical guide in the demo and for those who complete the demo, they will have the ability to name Carbuncle and have it appear in the full game once it's released.
Take a look at this trailer followed by a set of screens showcasing the gorgeous gameplay and visuals included in the demo:
A new trailer has been released titled "Reclaim Your Throne". Narrated by King Regis, the trailer includes never-before-seen gameplay with music from composer Yoko Shimomura.
One of the trailers included in the main event has also been released, showcasing more impressive visuals and gameplay:
If you missed the live-stream of the event (and happen to speak Japanese), then Square Enix has you covered with Japanese coverage of the event in this new video:
Lastly, and most certainly not least, the full-show in its entirety. The first hour warms up for the main event with the Square Enix team talking to various fans and other hosts outside of the event. Once the show begins, hosts Greg Miller and Tim Gettys from KindaFunny.com lead the charge of new videos, information, gameplay, art, music, the free Brotherhood: Final Fantasy XV
series releasing online, the Kingsglaive: Final Fantasy XV
CG Movie, Justice Monsters Five
, a pinball game for mobile devices, and plenty more as fans come from all over the world to witness the reveals first-hand:
Final Fantasy XV
is available to pre-order right now via the Xbox Games store
. Be quick however, as for a limited time, pre-order purchasers will receive the Noctis Special Outfit and Carbuncle pet for their Xbox Avatar.
If you need much more than just a standard copy of the game, you'll be very interested in details of the special editions that will be available to purchase:Day One Edition – $59.99
• FINAL FANTASY series Masamune DLC weapon
• Xbox Store Pre-order Incentives: Two Xbox One Avatars including Noctis Special Outfit and Carbuncle pet
• PlayStation®Store Pre-order Incentives: Dynamic PS4™ theme for PlayStation®4 players
Deluxe Edition – $89.99
• All Day One Edition content plus an exclusive dual disc steelbook containing FINAL FANTASY XV and KINGSGLAIVE movie Blu-ray and Platinum Leviathan Regalia design and access to the Royal Raiment costume DLC
Ultimate Collector’s Edition (Available exclusively on the Square Enix Online Store) – $269.99
• All Deluxe Edition content plus exclusive disc steelbooks containing the Official FINAL FANTASY XV Blu-ray Soundtrack (featuring music from FINAL FANTASY XV, KINGSGLAIVE and BROTHERHOOD), BROTHERHOOD Blu-ray (containing an exclusive sixth episode), hard-cover artbook, an exclusive limited edition variant Noctis PLAY ARTS -KAI- action figure, and in-game item packs
The demo is available to download and play right now. The full version of Final Fantasy XV
will be releasing on September 30th, 2016.