The Xbox One version of ARK: Survival Evolved
has caught up with the PC version thanks to Studio Wildcard updating the game to version 238. With this update comes the addition of Extinction Event servers that add the Swamp and Snow-Cave Dungeons. Also, three new animals join the wild - Woolly Rhino, Eurypterid, & Dunkleosteus.
Here's a list of the features included with the update:• All PC content and fixes through PC v238 including new Cave-Dungeons for Snow and Swamp Biomes, new creatures: Woolly Rhino, Eurypterid, Dunkleosteus, etc.
• All-New "Extinction Event" Servers, which reset after each month, with an in-game countdown! (these are additional brand NEW servers, not existing servers)
• Improved game frame rate by approximately 10% (rendering & cpu)
• Fixed Bug: Focus is now NOT on the Leave Tribe button when opening the Tribe Menu. Also added a Leave Tribe confirmation dialog
• If you get stuck underground, you now teleport back above ground
• Mammoth colorization fixed
• Timer values that were resetting to 0 on "Reset Options" now reset to their correct value
• Server administrators can now specify a list of administrator users to have access to the full set of administrator (console) commands, as on PC. Singleplayer/Non-Dedicated hosts always have this option. If you have administrator access, all PC console commands can now be inputted at the Pause Menu
• Server Options now have edit boxes for inputting direct arbitrary values
• Spyglass now works properly in splitscreen
The Extinction Event servers reset after each month. You'll know exactly when this moment will come as an in-game countdown will commence and a "dramatic meteor impact" will signal the end of the server's time. These particular servers will allow for new players to start on a level playing field and not be overrun by those who are much further in the game. Although, experienced players can take part as well to see how far they can progress before the end of the server. Those who take part will earn badges for doing so.
Each new animal added to the game via this update has been detailed with their full names and brief descriptions for each one:Coelodonta utiliserro: Known as the Woolly Rhino, the Coelodonta is usually a large, friendly herbivore but can turn into a dangerous creature when charging its attackers. The Coelodonta builds up momentum as it charges, and depending on its ultimate impact speed, players can skewer the largest creatures in just one single gore! When not being hunted for their horns (ground into arousing powder) or fur (excellent insulating outfits), Coelodonta makes an excellent beast of burden. Its ability to take on far larger opponents (provided sufficient charging room), as well as its sizable load capacity, make it a solid addition to any trader party or gathering expedition.Dunkleosteus loricaruptor: Known simply as Dunkleosteus, this fairly large fish is covered head to tail in armored plates and has incredibly powerful jaws that make great work of stone and oil formations in the ocean’s depths. It’s an excellent battle fish that is heavy with armor and a terrifying bite that tears through chitinous shells. While harvesting, Dunkleosteus can handily defend its rider from all but the largest threats in the waters. And once past its prime, Dunkleosteus can be harvested for a fair amount of Chitin.Jaekelopterus eurypterus: Found only in the deepest watery depths on the ARK, “Eurypterids” are dangerous, adaptable Arthropods that, while not smart enough to be tamed, are rich in chitin and provide a debilitating poison that quickly renders its opponent unable to defend itself. Upon death, Eurypterid provides digestive tracts often containing Silica Pearls, or even have incredibly rare Black Pearls used for manufacturing mysterious technologies. This latter information makes them among the most valuable creatures on the island.
If you prefer to see the new beasts in video form rather than text, then take a look at this video that shines the spotlight on all three of the animals:
The update for ARK: Survival Evolved
is live right now. The full version of the game looks to make its transition out of the Game Preview program this summer.