Hot on the heels of last week's stream
, Nicalis has revealed that the upcoming "Afterbirth" DLC for indie darling The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth
will release on Xbox One in just a few weeks.
Isaac is returning to the basement for 100s of hours of extra gameplay. He'll brave over 1000 new rooms and collect new items to help him along the way. Nicalis summarizes all the extra content below:Key Features:
- Over 100 hours of MORE gameplay
- Greed Mode - a whole new way to play, focused on risk/reward
- Expanded main game - a new final area with a new final boss
- Daily Runs – play a new official run, everyday!
- Online Leaderboards - compete for highscore/best time
- 10 totally new and awesome challenges!
- 1000+ new room designs
- MONSTROUSLY UPDATED WEAPON COMBO SYSTEM!
- 120 new items-not counting tons of new pickups, chests, pills, bombs and cards-taking the item count up beyond 500!
- Alternate soundtrack!
- New secret transformations!
Uber secrets including:
- Lilith, mother of demons, a totally new playable character
- 4 new alternate chapters with new enemy types and visual themes
- Revised seed code combo system and new special seeds
- 100+ enemies, with new designs
- 8 new bosses
and probably at least 5 other features we can’t remember due to all the crap that we threw into this little brown nugget!
The "Afterbirth" DLC will be launching on May 10th to the tune of $10.99.