No minimap location, limited intel, a time limit and if you die, there are no second chances - these are the rules for engaging the "Elusive Target" in HITMAN
. These special targets only appear for 48 hours and when they're gone, they're gone.
Square Enix has announced the first Elusive Target for tomorrow, Friday May 13th, but don't get used to it, they said.
"As this is the first Elusive Target we wanted to let players know in advance, however there may not be so much warning next time," Square Enix cautioned. "Keep your ears close to the ground, visit the forums or follow HITMAN
on social media to ensure you don’t miss out."
Here is the full set of details:• An Elusive Target is a once in a lifetime experience
• They are available for a limited time only in game – this first Elusive Target will last 48 hours
• Intel on the target will be limited
• They will not appear in instinct mode, or the mini map and their locations will not be revealed to you – you’ll have to go and find them
• Plan accordingly before you engage your target
• Your target can only die once
• If you die during the mission, that’s it
• When the time runs out, they are gone for good
• If you fail, there are no second chances
"Elusive Targets are part of the live content being published for HITMAN
in-between episodes and represent a new game mode debuting for players," Square Enix said.
It looks like we can expect more of these tricky targets down the road. But for the near future, the clock starts ticking on the first Elusive Target tomorrow.