Following on from the E3 announcement of State of Decay 2
, Microsoft and Undead Labs have released a selection of images and facts about the upcoming survival horror game.
First of all we have some atmospheric concept art showing the game setting.
Next we have some screenshots showing gameplay and locations.
Finally we have details on character development and cooperative gameplay taken from the official State of Decay 2
fact sheet.Play as a Community of Individuals in an Open-World Adventure
- There is no singular hero character. Play as an entire community — each survivor in the game is their own person, with a unique mix of background traits, skills, and attitudes that determine what they can do, what they want, and what they are willing to do to get it.
- Use your community’s unique array of individuals to forge a path through the game that is personal to you. Your choices shape the identity of your community, ensuring that no two stories are alike.
- Explore an open, simulated world filled with dynamic zombie and human enemies, friendly survivors to recruit into your community, and valuable resources and gear necessary to keep your people alive.
RPG Progression Systems for Individuals, Base, and Community
Four-player Co-op Multiplayer
- Develop each survivor's traits and skills to improve their capabilities and strengthen your community.
- Collect resources to build and fortify your base, unlocking crucial new facilities and valuable community options along the way.
- Elevate your favorite survivors to leadership roles in your community by heeding their advice and completing their goals, and unlock new community benefits and objectives that suit your leader’s ideals.
- Manage the relationships and goals of your survivors to build a strong community that has a lasting impact on the future of your world.
State of Decay 2
- Play solo, or for the first time ever in the “State of Decay” franchise, with up to three of your friends.
- Invite friends to join your game, or drop into theirs. Work together as you explore the deadly post-apocalyptic environment, watching each other’s backs and sharing the rewards of your accomplishments.
- Each player maintains command of their own personal community and roster of characters.
is due to be released on Xbox One and PC in 2017.