Whether you're a new player in the massive world of The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited
or an experienced veteran making short work of the dangers and dungeons of Tamriel, the next update looks to add even more play time to the game. Bethesda has released details, screens, and a video for the update.
The free update, dubbed "One Tamriel", will allow for adventurers to roam the lands Tamriel has to offer with anyone at any time after finishing the tutorial. Finding other players has also been made much easier thanks to the Alliance restrictions being removed outside of PvP. This will allow for players to find others to aid with questing, dungeons, trials, and more with much less trouble. Guilds will also find it a bit easier to put together more diverse dungeon and trial groups.
For the more experienced player, you will now be able to invite your friend to play despite them possibly only being a new to the game. They will still be "equally" challenged no matter where you choose to quest.
Major improvements and updates also come to the title as part of the update:
- Dueling: Players can now battle each other anywhere outside Cyrodiil to test their skills and builds and claim bragging rights as the toughest adventurer
- Zone Overhaul: All zones have been redesigned for a mix of solo and group play with improved bosses and standardized difficulty
- Dungeons: All dungeons can be played in normal and veteran mode, where story is separated from difficulty and players are battle-leveled to allow players of different levels to play together, and receive level-appropriate loot
- Craglorn: The massive Craglorn zone has been redesigned to make it solo-friendly but still the go-to location for group content
- Loot: Loot in zones has now been standardized like dungeon loot, making it possible to acquire specific sets in specific zones at whatever level you are when completing quests
Take a look at the new set of screens in preparation for your new found freedom within the world of Tamriel:
The following video introduces you to "One Tamriel". See what wonders await you:
Lastly, Bethesda has put together a rather tasteful giveaway to celebrate the upcoming release of the free update. The team will be giving away five "once-in-a-lifetime grand prize trips to exotic locations across the world inspired by iconic in-game locations". Each prize package will be for two people and meals and accommodations will also be included as well as excursions led by local guides and experts.
Here are the packages on offer for the lucky winners:
Grand Prize Destinations – Winners Choose One of the Five:
| Kenya & Tanzania: Seek out real-life Khajiit on an African safari as you visit national parks, game reserves, and conservation areas in Kenya and Tanzania.Skyrim Package | Switzerland: Hunt for dragons amid the snowcapped peaks of the Swiss Alps, exploring the lands of the famed Eiger and Matterhorn.Black Marsh Package | Peru: Prepare for an Argonian adventure as you explore the natural beauty of the Amazon and ancient ruins of Peru, including the former Inca capital of Cusco and an unforgettable visit to Machu Picchu.Hammerfell Package | Morocco: Get lost in the deserts of Hammerfell as you discover the mysteries of Morocco, its stunning architecture and ancient mountain villages.Summerset Isles Package | New Zealand: Prepare for the multisport fun in the adventure capital of the world, paddling a sea kayak on the stunning north coast and hike from glacier to rain forest or raft on a subterranean river.
If you're not one of the five, then you can still be in with a chance to win one of the 1,000 runner-up prizes. Winners will receive 1,000 Crowns each to use in the in-game Crown store.
To enter the giveaway, all you need to do is play the game any time between now and December 16th 2016. After that, head to the game's website
and register to win. All the details, rules, eligibility and what not can be found in the same link above.
The free "One Tamriel" update for Elder Scrolls Online
will be available on October 18th.