Atari have announced that the Dungeons & Dragons franchise will finally be making its debut on the Xbox 360 with Dungeons & Dragons Daggerdale
headed for XBLA. Atari explains the storyline much better than I can:
Dungeons & Dragons Daggerdale centers on the desperate struggle to defeat the evil Rezlus and his Zhentarim in their attempt to invade and conquer the Dalelands. Players are charged with the task of restoring order to Nentir Vale by unlocking the secrets of the Mines of Tethyamar, defeating the evil within the treacherous Tower of the Void, leading to the final confrontation with Rezlus himself.
The RPG provides opportunity for both solo and co-op gameplay for up to four people. Here are the gameplay features:
• Questing: Combines both exploration and combat including a reward system for player progression.
• Immersive Combat: Battle a wide range of enemies by engaging in intuitive pick-up-and-play melee, tactical ranged combat, or powerful spell casting.
• Character Development: Select a class, build your ultimate hero, collect loot, and earn experience! Select feats, powers, and skills to enhance and customize your hero as you level up.
• Stunning Levels and Exploration: Take on a variety of perilous quests and explore the richly detailed environments of Daggerdale.
• Intuitive pick-up-and-play: Easy to learn, with great depth for those who wish to master.
• Multiple Game Modes: Unlock new areas and challenges in Campaign mode, or hone your skills in Freeplay
Atari also released an announcement trailer. There's not a lot of gameplay footage I'm afraid:
The game will be released in Spring 2011.